Just for Today: 2017

Options
I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

Replies

• cchen2015
    cchen2015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there! this is exactly what I told myself before I dragged my *kitten* to the gym today! I'm trying not to think about my goal in the long run, just stick to what I need to do today. Cheers :)
  • JanieC93
    JanieC93 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just for today : I will stick to my calorie limit
  • xingchao
    xingchao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will make good choices and try to make healthy decisions on what I eat under my calorie limit.
  • newgirl57
    newgirl57 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you Cricket, my "enjoy it while you can" day lasted for several months, making it even harder to get myself in gear. I think you are right about doing things just for today, because 'forever' is too much to wrap my head around right now. Thank you for sharing.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stay away from "invisible calories". You know, those sneaky little calories that I get from taking a bite of my child's snack or licking the peanut butter off the knife.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: Keep it simple!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will power through.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will enjoy the small victories, like not eating the Christmas candy that is piled on my dresser courtesy of my husband.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will eat only my home made food for the rest of the day.
  • mmcjtink
    mmcjtink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love this!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! "Just for today I will stay with in my points!"
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    @CricketKate I'm so sorry to hear of your cancer but glad it is gone. I'm glad you are still seeking and giving support on here. One day at a time. <3
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I won't eat the Lemon PIE that's been calling my name.

Just for today: I will try.
  • suzannesb139
    suzannesb139 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I won't think about the troubles and the temptations of tomorrow.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

I will not let "shark week" take control... i'll move around more!