Is it time for recomp?

Options
13»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    trudie_b wrote: »
    Interesting!!! I think the one size fits all model is not generally accurate in fields that concerns the human body. It's tempting in its simplicity, but we are all so different, and our bodies respond in their own unique ways to how we feed and train them.

I read/follow several very knowledgeable trainers (Alan Aragon, Eric Helms, Lyle McDonald, James Krieger, Brad Schoenfeld, Patrick Umphrey, etc.) and one commonality I notice between them is that they rarely speak in absolute "one size fits all" terms regarding training/nutrition.

On the flip side of the coin, there are also many who take the "speshul snowflake" thing too far with the "we're all different!" claims - because when it comes right down to it, we're all remarkably similar in many regards. There is most certainly a basic framework which we all fall into, with some wiggle room inside that framework for individual variations. There's no denying that there are genetic outliers on both ends of the bell curve, but the true outliers are a lot less common than many people think.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with that!