Running in the rain (new runner question)

Options
2»

Replies

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    owieprone wrote: »
    Penn, i'm now mega jealous! I love running off road, but oxfordshire is flat like pancake :( I have to drive for 30/45 mins to get a decent hill to scream down.

There's one big hill here with a road that goes in a circle and has 5 parking areas at different points (you can also hike offroad through swampy brush and boulders, but we have a serious tick problem, so you would be nuts to do that). I've been parking at the halfway point, hiking up the hill via the road, and then jogging down and along the flat road to the car. I figure I will keep moving my car until I'm jogging the whole thing. It takes me about 30 minutes to hike up and jog all the way back to the car. I'm so excited about this hill that I can't wait to get up in the morning and go out there to face the thing.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wet dead leaves and pine needles are very slippery on pavement. Also, I have slipped and fallen 2x while crossing over grassy areas.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have most problem when it's near freezing or ahem dog dirt under leaves. Now don't ask me how I know that's slippy, or I'll be forced to remember a memory I've tried hard to erase from my brain.