Saying no to the office snackies?

Options
124»

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    For me, it was about building up the momentum of 'no's and the reasoning behind the no.

Little "no" - Nah don't want a biscuit, they aren't the type I like and if I was to eat it, it would just be for the sake of eating it. Come back to me if you become a good biscuit.

Medium "no" - Nah, biscuits look good but i'm not hungry - i'll have one in an hour if I still want it.

Big "no" - Nah, don't want it.
  • Kay_180
    Kay_180 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This was a huge problem for me! Not only is our office constantly filled with snacks - leftovers from catered meetings, staff events, etc - but a co-worker hangs a LITERAL BUCKET FULL OF CANDY from her cubicle for everyone to help themselves to. It's right next to my desk, in my sight-line as I work. After gaining a lot of weight in the first year that I worked here, I finally broke the habit by marking my calendar every day that I manage to only eat the food I bring from home. I have the calendar up so it's in view whenever I look at the candy bucket. I'm currently at 31 consecutive work days with no snacking (just over six weeks), and I've lost 11lb. Knowing that I don't want to break my streak makes it a lot easier to say no to having 'just one piece'.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I made a rule for myself that if I was going to have something indulgent like a candy or cupcake or whatever, it had to be while enjoying an "experience" like my kids' birthday party or Smores on a vacation or something else memorable and positive. The food I eat at work tastes good but it's primarily there to keep me satisfied throughout the day. Eating a miniature Hershey bar or a donut while answering emails or dialing into a conference line=not an ideal use of my precious "splurge calories."
  • hhfromga
    hhfromga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Faced with this today! One of our folks attended a "cake auction" this weekend and wants to share with us. Thank goodness the first offering is one I can say no to... Key Lime!
  • loopylou_37
    loopylou_37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Working in a school where others always bring in treats for birthdays/celebrate something makes it hard to avoid these types of food. I find that the best thing to do is still have some, just a much smaller serving; a slither of a slice of cake or a shared doughnut. If I cut anything out completely, I start to crave it ...everything in moderation works for me! (I lost 6lbs in the first week of this year, even with a couple of treats thrown in.)