Help! Need help hitting Fiber goal!

Options
Hoping someone else can assist - I am consistently under my daily fiber intake goal and can't seem to hit it. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to ensure they hit around 20-25g a day?? Thank you!

Replies

• kellyfitmama
    kellyfitmama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars, more veggies, a fiber supplement.
  • arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lima beans! I tend to hit my goals for both iron and fiber when I include lima beans in my diet.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    This has always been my problem even though I often eat veggies, fruit, and beans. I finally added high fiber cereal and bread and those seem to help me really get my numbers up.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Fibre 1 bars.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Whole grain bread (not to be confused w/ whole wheat or multigrain)
    Whole grain pasta
    Whole grain cereal (I like Weetabix)
    Vegetables
    Beans
    Chia or Hemp seeds (make great additions to a smoothie)
  • pagefan
    pagefan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    vegs vegs vegs, benefiber...
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Apples, brussels sprouts, beans, fiber oat bran, oat meal, various other cereals.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I supplement with Olly gummies to help me.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Berries, especially raspberries
    Beans
    Potatoes
    Barley (or farro or oats or grain of choice)
    Whole wheat bread and pasta
    Fiber-added foods, like high fiber pasta or English muffins. You can also get flavorless, dissolving Benefiber and add it to drinks and food (mix into peanut butter, soup, pasta sauce, etc).

A breakfast sandwich made with a Thomas high fiber English muffin and a cup of berries or an apple for breakfast will get you to 13-16 g of fiber before noon. Swapping ingredients can help too - chicken barley soup instead of chicken and rice soup, using oatmeal or bran flakes as a binder in meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Metamucil
    Shredded wheat cereal (I sometimes eat it dry like a snack)
    Beans

Hitting my fiber goal is definitely associated with feeling satiated.
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars, more veggies, a fiber supplement.

this one, also Fiber One Cereals, but most of them taste like crap except for the one with dates and I believe raisins.
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Not knocking good fiber intake here, but the numbers given are a general guideline, and nothing bad will happen if you don't "hit" your goal every day. If you're WAY under, or experiencing symptoms, then bump it up, but otherwise, don't sweat it ;)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I used to have issues getting enough fiber until I started eating a bowl of bran for breakfast. A serving of Fiber One Original Bran or Post All-Bran Buds plus a half cup of almond milk tastes good if you use the vanilla varieties of almond milk, and it gets you a jump start on fiber for the day, over 12-14g of fiber as well. It's also super low on calories.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I add some pysllium husk fiber powder to my oatmeal along with chia,hemp and ground flax seed. I also add fruit and protein powder. then I will have veggies,or whole grain bread with a decent amount of fiber in it.
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love me some chia seeds. 5g of fiber per tablespoon, I think. I add a bunch to my yogurt. You can also add it to smoothies/drinks/oatmeal/salad... Basically anything! They don't have too much of a taste so you can sneak it in anywhere. And they are super filling!
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good answers covered but hey, one more for berries. 1 cup of Triple Berry Medley (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) frozen fruit is 9g fiber. Blend that berry up in a smoothie and you're over halfway there. Add a slice of whole grain toast with PB somewhere in the day and you're virtually knocking down Fiberville's front door.

Fiber chasing is the best.