Looking for Ketogenic friends

Options
1235»

Replies

• bmamba85
    bmamba85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Desi, I have started Keto Diet since the beginning of this year, Im looking for a friends to share experience and motivate each other. Please add me.
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When you make The keto... Can eat legumes?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When you make The keto... Can eat legumes?

Keto is ketogenic. It's a diet that is very low carb; usually, 20 to 50g total. So maybe.
  • LisaStrick2013
    LisaStrick2013 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting keto today, looking for friends to join me along the journey. How much are ya'll typically losing in a month.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm starting keto today, looking for friends to join me along the journey. How much are ya'll typically losing in a month.

After the initial period where you will lose more due to reductions in foods waste, glycogen and water weight, you will see the normal 1 to 2 lbs per week based on the size of your deficit.
  • mvictoria72
    mvictoria72 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been keto since Jan 2. But only actually in ketosis for the past week or so. My cheat days would bring me out and it would take a few days to lose the extra weight. Happily shedding the extra water weight now.
  • adamboydharris
    adamboydharris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been keto since Jan 2. But only actually in ketosis for the past week or so. My cheat days would bring me out and it would take a few days to lose the extra weight. Happily shedding the extra water weight now.

Everyone has an approach that works for them. For me, I avoid cheat days in the traditional sense (carb loading) to avoid falling out of Ketosis. I simply hate going through the Keto Flu every time. Instead, on my "cheat meal" - going out to dinner - I just increase my caloric intake of fatty foods... bigger steak, more cheese, a few more pieces of bacon, etc. Whichever route you decide to take, DO NOT "shed" water weight! Your body NEEDS even MORE water now that you are in Ketosis. Drink at minimum .5 ounces of water for every pound. For me that is 100 Oz of water each day (200 lbs). In the morning you will feel parched and lose water throughout the night, so weigh yourself in the morning.
  • bella1715
    bella1715 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Bella. I've been doing the ketogenic "diet" (although now i call it my lifestyle) for 2 years I've lost over 30 pounds.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 4th and I've already lost 15 lbs! Being type 2 diabetic, this is the diet for me. Every body add me!
  • curvytattooedprincess
    Options
    I'm Alicia. Pretty new to the keto way of life so would love some keto friends for inspiration