Trouble with breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I never grew up with "breakfast" food.
    We eat all sorts of stuff in the morning, such as last night's leftover roast chicken and butternut squash.
    My go-to is soup: usually full of protein and veggies, and it warms me up in the morning.

Unless I have an insane quantity of cereal or oatmeal, they never keep me full.
    So I need lots of protein, or I'll be reaching for more food an hour later.

Switch it up.

Amanda
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    How are you eating your oatmeal? I mix peanut butter and banana into mine and cook it into a sort of oatmeal muffin.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    harley79 wrote: »
    Any ideas?? Eggs get me sick and oatmeal believe it or not makes me very tired an hour after I eat it.. I'm a school bus driver so protein shakes make me want to pee all the time and cereal makes me binge 2 hours after I eat it.. I'm so lost unless I stick with bagels but I'm afraid of carbs

Carbs aren't intrinsically scary. Many people thrive on them and don't experience appetite problems with them at all. I have some family members like that.

Some people get a much bigger appetite though from how their body reacts to some carbs, which then in turn makes it harder to eat their correct amount of calories. I also have some family members like this, and I fall in this camp.

Have you noticed that bagels increase your appetite? If not, you should be fine with them. What do you eat on them? Butter and other fats or proteins can decrease their blood sugar spike, so help keep appetite in check for those whose appetites are greatly affected by that.

Cereal causing a binge for you makes me wonder if you do in fact experience an increased appetite from certain carbs, but it doesn't necessarily mean you do. Have you noticed other breakfast foods of a similar calorie level that you regularly binge a couple hours after? If that behavior's not restricted to cereal, then maybe it's simply an unsatisfying amount of calories triggering it.

Do you like Greek yogurt?

A high fiber breakfast sandwich with avocado and meat of some form may work for you too.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky for the win.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Whatever I can eat at my desk with no prep work required - for me that is usually yogurt, jam, and half a clif bar more often than not. I'll be hungry if I don't eat.

Starchy stuff like cereal leaves me very hungry and craving more w/in about 10 minutes.