Breakfast.. what do you have?

Options
13»

Replies

• mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sausage McMuffin from McDonald's with a Diet Coke.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat bran cereal, with almond milk along side a protein shake. I also make myself a lower calorie homemade McMuffin with a 100 cal english muffin, a 90 calorie turkey sausage patty, a 60 calorie slice of cheese, and a 60 calorie egg fried in about 1/2 tsp of butter/canola oil (about 8-10 cals). Tastes even better than the 600-700 calorie belly bombers you get at McDonald's. ;)
  • mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat bran cereal, with almond milk along side a protein shake. I also make myself a lower calorie homemade McMuffin with a 100 cal english muffin, a 90 calorie turkey sausage patty, a 60 calorie slice of cheese, and a 60 calorie egg fried in about 1/2 tsp of butter/canola oil (about 8-10 cals). Tastes even better than the 600-700 calorie belly bombers you get at McDonald's. ;)

I only see a couple breakfast sandwiches on their menu that are over 500 calories. 550 looks like the max. I usually get either the Sausage McMuffin @ 400 cal or the Egg McMuffin @ 300 cal. I keep meaning to try the Egg White Delite @ 250 cal.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    On weekdays I have oatmeal with flaxseed, cinnamon, and sugar. Then within an hour or so I have almonds or a KIND bar with my coffee. On weekends I usually have scrambled eggs with a multigrain bagel or pancakes. High fiber with some fat/protein tends to work for me best for breakfast (I usually have a high protein dinner).
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Home made baked good with oat flour/oatmeal as the base. Banana or orange. Oftentimes peanut butter. Coffee - that's the most important part.
  • chileshe2017
    chileshe2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started - I had a black coffee (5 cal), boiled egg (70 cal) and Fage total 0% plain yogurt, 6oz (100 cal)
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    Protein...sausage, eggs and cheese...fills me up and gets me charged.
  • PoeticGamer
    PoeticGamer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have different things for breakfast depending on my mood and what I will do that day. I eat cereal with some milk, or
    yogurt and eggs and bacon or I just drink a meal replacement shake.
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have 3/4 of a cup of porridge, .5 cup almond milk and sweetner, I have a fruit with it, banana, orange, apple, kiwi fruit, any fruit that is fresh. On weekends I will have 1 breakfast of 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of toast.
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Kale sauteed with bacon and apple cider vinegar, top with a couple of poached eggs. Crushed red pepper. Green tea. That's my fave.

My mouth is actually watering :o
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    I just had a bacon/egg/cheese sandwich and a package of hostess donuts.

I do a "Eat whatever I want" day about once a month, and this is it. I almost always stay within my calorie goals though.

I hope you're in the greater NYC area, because the Hudson Valley watershed is THE KEY to a really GOOD hard roll, and deli egg sangwiches on ANYthing else just aren't the same! IMHO...
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Coconut Cream Pie Larabar and two hard boiled eggs.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have a bagel with cinnamon butter. 385 calories but it keeps me full until lunch, so I don't find myself snacking between those 2 meals.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    30 gram oatmeal, 72 gram banana, 17 gram peanut butter, and 1 Truvia packet = 300 calories
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal a lot, or eggs with hot sauce in a tortilla, avocado toast and my favorite is left over dinner.