1600 Calorie Day Woman

Options
Wondering what people who have my similar calorie goal for eat for weight loss, just for ideas :smile:

Thanks!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    See my food diary.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1550 if that's any good?
  • DANELSY17
    DANELSY17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right now I average 1,500.
    I usually eat a serving of oatmeal for breakfast, PB2 and chia seeds. I add berries if I have any.
    Lunch I have lots of veggies/rice/barley/tofu.
    Dinner could be anything fitting my calories for the day.
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter toast with banana and yogurt for breakfast. I do a lot of chicken and rice with a vegetable. Last night we had Cajun Chicken Pasta by SkinnyTaste. A cheese stick and some fruit as usually my snacks. My journal is public (I think) if you want to look at it.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have 2 days a week (W/Sun) where my goal is 1609cal - but you'd have to look at my log from November to get ideas - I fell off the wagon over christmas and just started back up
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm at less than that (about 14-1500)....and just getting back into stuff...but my diary is open so feel free to look. The basics are - eat more veggies and protein and a lot less (not no) carbs....and try to eliminate the snacks! If I do that I can stay within the goals easy enough.....
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I try to get a workout in every day, which brings my allotment up to ~1500. A lot of yogurt, egg salad, stir fried rice & beans (with more vegetables than rice), 1/2 Clif bars. Busy- so mainly just stuff that I can batch cook and portion out, and then just have to grab the containers in the morning on the way out the door.
  • deannalfisher
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    It nice to see something other than the 1200 limit which is way to low in my opinion.

;p Some of us are petite and work at a desk..My maintenance estimate is only 1450 calories (+200 if I run that day).... Which is probably why there are so so many of us 1200-1300 calorie folks on here..a lot easier to get over weight when BMR only gives you <1500 calories to stay put.

shenanigans...i'm 5'2" petite, sit at a desk and losing weight eating 1600-2000 cal a day - my BMR is 1309 (which is the bare minimum that your body burns doing nothing - not taking into account any activity
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Me! I am 5'8" with a desk job starting starting on no sugar, no grains. Basically LCHF.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I eat 1,600 (around there) everyday! This is my maintenance/slight bulk though, so not sure if you would want to view my diary or not.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP I'm in maintenance now but my diary is open, when I was losing I was eating around 1600-1800 cals as I mentioned above. I haven't changed the foods I eat, just the amounts/calories. Typical day and calorie range for me

Breakfast: Greek yogurt and coffee with flavored creamer or special k breakfast sandwich and coffee. 250-350 cals

Lunch: Smaller portion of dinner leftovers or frozen meal or sandwich/soup or salad from work cafeteria. 400-600 cals

Afternoon snack: Chobani Flip or Kind Bar. 200 cals.

Dinner: Grilled or sautéed protein, starch like pasta, potato or rice, veggies. 500-800 cals.

After Dinner: wine or gelato or Oreos or cheese/hummus. 150-300 or whatever cals I have left for the day.

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When I last checked what MFP estimated for maintenance for my stats, the result was 1400-something (may or may not be accurate, but that is what it gave). (4'10", 135 lb, desk job). For the 0.5 lb/wk loss, it estimates 1240 (+workout calories of course, which are typically 200-300 for a run).

I'm never actually hungry on that, but it leaves almost no room for any tempting junk food one may come across.
  • FransessM
    FransessM Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Additionally there are countless on here who don't understand they are supposed to eat back exercise calories.

But you do not need to eat back the calories you work out necessarily. I keep seeing this advise here when in reality it all depends on the person and what their body needs. This is from this very website, talking about this same issue. http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ask-the-dietitian-should-i-eat-back-my-exercise-calories/
  • deannalfisher
    Options
    FransessM wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Additionally there are countless on here who don't understand they are supposed to eat back exercise calories.

But you do not need to eat back the calories you work out necessarily. I keep seeing this advise here when in reality it all depends on the person and what their body needs. This is from this very website, talking about this same issue. http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ask-the-dietitian-should-i-eat-back-my-exercise-calories/

its interesting that a dietician on MFP gives differing advice to the model that MFP is based on (NEAT which expects you to eat back at least a portion of your calories - whereas something like TDEE which takes into account working out when figuring out your daily calories, you don't do that