Is this offending?

Options

Replies

• katiepoo22
    katiepoo22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think the person was selfish to eat all of it themselves what about the other guests? I personally wouldn't have done that!
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just saw it and it literally made my day.

Thanks!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I can imagine this thread being resurrected in 2027 and people getting all worked up about unfair distribution of cream puffs, and no one will have a slightest clue how this thread was created
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Not sure why all the strange responses to your question. I think you handled it well. If the person got offended, they really shouldn't be out in social settings. One person eating all of something off a platter is ridiculous.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Not sure why all the strange responses to your question. I think you handled it well. If the person got offended, they really shouldn't be out in social settings. One person eating all of something off a platter is ridiculous.

Do you even internet?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    dc6088 wrote: »
    I can imagine this thread being resurrected in 2027 and people getting all worked up about unfair distribution of cream puffs, and no one will have a slightest clue how this thread was created

I'm depending on @Cutaway_Collar and his thread resurrection abilities to come through for me on this.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    dc6088 wrote: »

:laugh:
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    I woke up in a cold sweat today, thinking this whole thing must've just been a bad dream. Sadly it was not, my cream puff tray still runneth empty.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

July 2018 and I’m mad as hell
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    😂😂😂😂😂
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I threw a bday party and had about 40ish guests. I worked hard to provide a wide variety of foods for the guest to eat, including two trays with over 40 cream puffs on each. I looked over during the party to see one of the guests had already emptied the first tray of cream puffs and was looking to set a land speed record on the second tray. Doing my best to be polite I went over and suggested they try some of the other foods I had provided as well, but they just scoffed at me as though I had told them to quit eating all of the cream puffs and let the other guests have some. Would you be offended?

That’s greediness. Who can eat that many cream puffs? Were they that good? I think you were polite in what you did. If it was me, I’d probably take the plate away.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I have moist snack cakes but I'm fresh outta cream puffs

• Caporegiem
    Options
    @cee134 wrote: »

Kinda depressing going back and reading through this thread now isn't it?
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    OP:
    “Doing my best to be polite I went over and suggested they try some of the other foods I had provided as well, but they just scoffed at me as though I had told them to quit eating all of the cream puffs and let the other guests have some. “

What is the appropriate number of cream puffs allowed per guest? Two? Three?

Five would make me think they were eating too many.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    OP:
    “Doing my best to be polite I went over and suggested they try some of the other foods I had provided as well, but they just scoffed at me as though I had told them to quit eating all of the cream puffs and let the other guests have some. “

What is the appropriate number of cream puffs allowed per guest? Two? Three?

Five would make me think they were eating too many.

Jim they had five in each hand. Each hand!
  • cee134
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    @cee134 wrote: »

Kinda depressing going back and reading through this thread now isn't it?

A little.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    im sad to say i never had a cream puff in my life

I'll ask Doritos to do a special edition cream puff flavor just for you.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Did you ever go camping tho? Ive been waiting all year for the follow up on tent pitching.
  • cee134
    Options
    In all this time I can honestly say iv never eaten a cream puff I feel like I'm missing out on something.

You are. It's even worse when you go to a party, with about 40 - 50 people, and they don't have enough and make you take only one.