What's your exercise routine?

Options
124»

Replies

• gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Yes and no. :) 1st off you need to ask yourself if you want to lose weight quickly or permanently. I have a list of scale and non-scale goals. I take measurements. I want to see at least one of the areas moving forward regularly. I also create new goals that I can measure short term progress on.

Initially my weight loss was fairly steady. But I hit a huge bump in the road when my thyroid levels were out of whack again. (I am hypothyroid). I did switch from lower calories to high calories. I also had a period when I exercised even more intensely more often. All kinds of little changes to jumpstart a stall.

When my thyroid levels are on track it seems OK. I was losing mostly steadily. Until right around the time when I switched medicines (and then my levels were off).

This is my schedule for now, as I am trying to get back on track and see some measure of progress I am in the process of getting bloodwork/checking levels and so on. So it can be a little frustrating in my case. I readjusted my plan over the past couple of weeks, to reduce intensity a bit after looking at my goals a little closer and the best way to achieve them.

So far, I have seen a little bit of progress, and I took some new blood tests this week. Hopefully the momentum is headed in the right direction.

The question I have for you, what are your workouts? What happens in them? How intense are they? What exercises?

i usually go to gym classes (zumba, kickbox cardio, yoga) ... they're pretty intense (other than the yoga) ... i usually leave the class soaking wet !! i'd say that i've been continuously losing about 1lb a week or every 2 weeks ... i'm thinking of starting the Insanity workout to see more results :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

Yes and no. :) 1st off you need to ask yourself if you want to lose weight quickly or permanently. I have a list of scale and non-scale goals. I take measurements. I want to see at least one of the areas moving forward regularly. I also create new goals that I can measure short term progress on.

Initially my weight loss was fairly steady. But I hit a huge bump in the road when my thyroid levels were out of whack again. (I am hypothyroid). I did switch from lower calories to high calories. I also had a period when I exercised even more intensely more often. All kinds of little changes to jumpstart a stall.

When my thyroid levels are on track it seems OK. I was losing mostly steadily. Until right around the time when I switched medicines (and then my levels were off).

This is my schedule for now, as I am trying to get back on track and see some measure of progress I am in the process of getting bloodwork/checking levels and so on. So it can be a little frustrating in my case. I readjusted my plan over the past couple of weeks, to reduce intensity a bit after looking at my goals a little closer and the best way to achieve them.

So far, I have seen a little bit of progress, and I took some new blood tests this week. Hopefully the momentum is headed in the right direction.

The question I have for you, what are your workouts? What happens in them? How intense are they? What exercises?

i usually go to gym classes (zumba, kickbox cardio, yoga) ... they're pretty intense (other than the yoga) ... i usually leave the class soaking wet !! i'd say that i've been continuously losing about 1lb a week or every 2 weeks ... i'm thinking of starting the Insanity workout to see more results :)

Sounds like all cardio. Definitely incorporate strength training. You will see visible changes.
  • CherryDarling21
    Options
    I've only just started my routine. I am not so clued up on workouts but I use my hour lunch break at work to put in an moderate-intense cardio workout.

Treadmill: Fat Burn Option> Speed 6km > Various incline > 12 minutes > Level 2
    Cross trainer: Fat Burn Option > Speed 60-70 rpm > 12 minutes > Level 2
    Bike: Fat Burn Option > Speed 55-70 rpm > 12 minutes > Level 1
    Once a week: Zumba

I have only just started doing this workout this week and for me it's pretty intense. I also walk sometimes after work.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I've only just started my routine. I am not so clued up on workouts but I use my hour lunch break at work to put in an moderate-intense cardio workout.

Treadmill: Fat Burn Option> Speed 6km > Various incline > 12 minutes > Level 2
    Cross trainer: Fat Burn Option > Speed 60-70 rpm > 12 minutes > Level 2
    Bike: Fat Burn Option > Speed 55-70 rpm > 12 minutes > Level 1
    Once a week: Zumba

I have only just started doing this workout this week and for me it's pretty intense. I also walk sometimes after work.

i love love love Zumba :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    When my workouts are not seeming "hard" enough, I up the intensity instead of the time. I prefer 45 "harder" minutes 4-5 times a week than 2 hours 5 times a week.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to work up the courage to get up at 4:45 in the mornings to go work out lol. But my goal is at the very minimum, lift weights 3X a week. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday/Sunday. And then I would like to do cardio 2-3 times a week. I want to start doing the couch to 5k.. I did it before but I only got through week... 5 I think. Then I gave up. So I want to do that again. Either that, or just do cardio at the gym.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one of Focus T25.

Routine right now:

Monday-Friday T25 before work
    Saturday - T25 if I didn't do 2 (as scheduled) on Friday. Sometimes I take a zumba class, just b/c it's fun to me. (or it can be a rest day)
    Sunday - T25 Stretch (basically a rest day)

I also try to do 1-2 strength classes, and a yoga class (or 2), time permitting, each week.
  • MySignaturecolour
    MySignaturecolour Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mon 1 hr boot camp
    Tue 1hr zumba/hip hop
    Wed 1hr boot camp
    Thu 1 hr zumba/hip hop
    Fri rest day
    Sat 30 min circuit training & 1 hr zumba toning
    Sun rest day

Thinking about adding 30-45 cardio on Friday
    I've been doing this routine 2 1/2 months and have lost 21 lbs so far, but also watching what I eat counting and journaling everything.
  • madmiya
    madmiya Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    30 min elliptical- (one kiddie show after their breakfast and my headphones so i can keep an eye on them)
    30 min str/tone/stretch dvd (after kids bedtime)
    all day cleaning and chase them around
    repeat groundhog day style
  • jennhls
    jennhls Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Right now I am training for a marathon so my schedule is a bit heavier than usual but this is what a typical week looks like for me

Mon: 45 min weightlifting (arms and legs) then speed run on treadmill as fast as I can for 3 miles cool down walk for 1 mile
    Tue: 45 min core routine then a 4-8 mile run depending on the week for my marathon training
    Wed: 30 min cross train (usually insanity or some other video) weightlifting is a rest day
    Thursday: 45 weightlifting (arms and legs) then a 4-8 mile run again just depending on what I have scheduled
    Friday: 30 min core routine and 30 min of cross training, sometimes a video sometimes I do the eliptical
    Saturday: Long run 2-3 hours depending on what is scheduled for my marathon training, then I collapse from exhaustion for the rest of the day ;) no really I am tired and I try to take it easy, I prepare on Friday by getting errands done and house cleaned. But it isn't like I am totally wasted, today after my 2 and half hour run I took a long bath, went to the movies and out to eat.
    Sunday: Yay! rest day! but because I am so geared to exercise every other day it is hard to let myself take a day off, sometimes I go for a leisurely walk. But letting your body rest is important, so I try not to do much of anything on Sunday. Plus I am religious and I believe that God intended us to have a day of rest so I take it seriously.
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do Beachbody Combat/Pump hybrid and I love it! It's weight lifting and cardio alternating days. I also do an Ab workout every other day. I do it 6 days a week. It's good to give your body a rest. I also just finished P90X which was also 6 days a week and loved the results. Good Luck!
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I'm still trying to work up the courage to get up at 4:45 in the mornings to go work out lol. But my goal is at the very minimum, lift weights 3X a week. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday/Sunday. And then I would like to do cardio 2-3 times a week. I want to start doing the couch to 5k.. I did it before but I only got through week... 5 I think. Then I gave up. So I want to do that again. Either that, or just do cardio at the gym.

why do you have to wake up so early to work out?? i am not a morning person ......
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I just finished week one of Focus T25.

Routine right now:

Monday-Friday T25 before work
    Saturday - T25 if I didn't do 2 (as scheduled) on Friday. Sometimes I take a zumba class, just b/c it's fun to me. (or it can be a rest day)
    Sunday - T25 Stretch (basically a rest day)

I also try to do 1-2 strength classes, and a yoga class (or 2), time permitting, each week.

how are you liking the focus t25?? i was debating on buying that or Insanity but i decided to get Insanity instead ... waiting for it to arrive in the mail this week :)
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Mon 1 hr boot camp
    Tue 1hr zumba/hip hop
    Wed 1hr boot camp
    Thu 1 hr zumba/hip hop
    Fri rest day
    Sat 30 min circuit training & 1 hr zumba toning
    Sun rest day

Thinking about adding 30-45 cardio on Friday
    I've been doing this routine 2 1/2 months and have lost 21 lbs so far, but also watching what I eat counting and journaling everything.

whoa !! i feel like you're my exercise soul mate :)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Mon-Wed-Fri is cardio, and right now we're doing C25K; my SO and I run/walk up and down the boardwalk in the evenings. Wood is more comfortable to run on than concrete or asphalt.

Tue-Thur-Sat is strength. We're combining the 100 Pushups, 200 Squats, and 200 Situps programs, and we just do those on the floor of the apartment. The programs are six weeks long; when we finish them, we'll probably look into some more routines on sites like fitnessblender or something. We can't afford a gym membership but maybe we'll pick up a set of adjustable weights or something.

Sunday is rest day, but we try to go for a walk or something at least.