Healthy "candy"

Hey, I don't know about anyone else but sometimes when I'm done eating a meal I was something sweat.. candy. What do you guys eat that could be considered candy when you want something sweat. Also the other way too, when you want something salty etc .. looking for better options. Thanks!

Replies

• kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2017
    I dont have a sweet tooth but love salty savoury snacks. Pickled gherkins, onions and beetroot when im bein good and if not it has to be salted peanuts, bombay mix or spicy crisps....all counted of course :-)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I make room for chocolate or ice cream every night, but you could do sugar free jello or pudding, or fruit with a bit of whipped cream
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I like something sweet after a meal too. I usually eat a cup or two of ice cream, or maybe some chocolate. If we happen to have something like cake or donuts in the house (which is rare), I'll indulge in them. "Healthy" is all in the dosage and the context within the overall diet.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Hey, I don't know about anyone else but sometimes when I'm done eating a meal I was something sweat.. candy. What do you guys eat that could be considered candy when you want something sweat. Also the other way too, when you want something salty etc .. looking for better options. Thanks!

When I want something sweet I eat whatever I feel like that *is* sweet. Including - if I feel like it - candy. As long as it fits into my calories for the day, it does not affect my ability to lose or maintain weight one bit.

Nothing wrong with something salty, either, provided the same caloric boundaries apply. But be aware that an excess of sodium will tend to make you retain water which will show up on the scale if you weigh yourself. Know that this is *not* fat gain, and will dissipate in a few days. :)
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I like something sweet after a meal too. I usually eat a cup or two of ice cream, or maybe some chocolate. If we happen to have something like cake or donuts in the house (which is rare), I'll indulge in them. "Healthy" is all in the dosage and the context within the overall diet.

Ditto this but only 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups of ice cream as I am a short, small lady.
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    How about days when you are running low on calories and still need something sweat, the jello pudding is a good idea.. never though
    t of that! Thanks
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I eat regular candy, chocolate, treats, ice cream just as long as it fits in my calories. Calories are king for weight loss.
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    sweedish fish or twizzlers...... NO FAT! but they have sugar so be careful how much you eat.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    How about days when you are running low on calories and still need something sweat, the jello pudding is a good idea.. never though
    t of that! Thanks

Those are the days when I would either eat something like the jello you mentioned, maybe have a diet soda, or, if I really want something sweet and nothing else satisfies, do a little bit of extra exercise to give me enough calories to fit something that I actually want.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Yes to anything you can make fit, but I can appreciate wanting to make healthier swaps.
    I'll take a tortilla, add a thin layer of nut butter, banana slices and a couple chocolate chips, and treat it like a quesadilla. Still up there in calories, but I feel better about eating foods that will boost my healthy fat, protein, and fiber.

Halo top ice cream is pretty good. It's actually the only strawberry ice cream I like.

I eat popcorn like woah for my salty cravings, and it satisfies the urge to munch.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    how about the miniature candy bars, sugar free candy is pretty decent but still has the calories so watch out-the mini donuts are good- but count or log everything-
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I eat candy, usually chocolate.

If you don't want to eat candy, try snack packs of raisins, which will probably have more sugar than a small bit of chocolate, but I'm offering you another suggestion. Maybe something like a Fiber One bar.

For salty snacks, what about microwave popcorn?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Anything fun-sized, preferably that I don't own a stash of, so I'm limited to what I can politely take.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    It's not candy but it's sweet and delicious. I personally think the clif z kid bars iced oatmeal taste just like a cookie. And only 140 calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I like to mix peanut butter and maple syrup together.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Yasso Sea Salt caramel or mint chocolate chip.