Healthy "candy"

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    When i want something sweet i have 70% cocoa dark chocolate or a portion controlled serve of candy
  • pantz2tight
    pantz2tight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dole Dippers.
  • pantz2tight
    pantz2tight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh and Van's Chocolat chip mini waffles with a couple table spoons of tablespoons s of your choice of ice cream between two and a drizzle of Ghirardelli chocolate.
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving candy hardcore I'll either eat dark chocolate or a hard candy I can suck on for a while (peppermint balls are my #1 choice, though I also love Jolly Ranchers).

As for sweets in general? I'm obsessed with Clif Energy bars (Chocolate Chip/Cool Mint/Iced Gingerbread) and Quest Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars. Gosh, I can't get enough of those. I also love Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars (Mint Chocolate Chip) and quite a few Skinny Cow Ice Cream products. Kashi Cookies are also pretty good!

YES, love the cookie dough Quest bars!!!!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Usually strawberries with some whipped cream on top or a bite of dark chocolate
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Sugar-free Haribo gummy bears are pretty low calorie.

Just reading the reviews of them will put you off the desire to eat anything.

There are some awesome amazon reviews of them :lol:
  • TH2017
    TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    kermax39 wrote: »
    I dont have a sweet tooth but love salty savoury snacks. Pickled gherkins, onions and beetroot when im bein good and if not it has to be salted peanuts, bombay mix or spicy crisps....all counted of course :-)

OP if you are talking about having less than 100 or so calories I second @kermax39 on the gherkin pickles. Different brands are sweeter than other but it fits the bill if you want something but don't want to go overboard.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bakers chocolate, egyptian date candy (easy and amazing. Process dates, cinnamon, and cardamom with a little water. Stir in walnuts. Roll into balls and coat with honey then crushed almonds. They keep awhile too.) or sometimes honestly a few grapes do the trick.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Dried mango is like candy to me
    Or medjool dates

I LOVE medjool dates!! I can....and have ate a whole container. :D

Me too - for me, I think they taste like fudgy brownies
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I quite like the new Trek chunks for that purpose. The Cocoa Peanut and Toffee flavours taste pretty indulgent, and instead of eating a whole bag you can just have a couple of chunks to give yourself a taste of sweetness.

(There's about 12 chunks a bag, which comes to around 20 cal per chunk)
  • Harbin2017
    Harbin2017 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate (abt 60-70% cocoa amount). It can be only 2-3 pieces, 130 cal. Or i eat pineapple with plain yogurt, i used to add honey to it but now i stopped doing it. Once you find your ways to save calories (i.e. coffee without cream, limejuice and vinegar instead of dressing on your salad etc.) and stick to it for so long it becomes a habit and you consume less cal daily without even noticing it.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I typically mix a little peanut butter and honey with plain greek yogurt. If you mix a little milk with it and freeze it for about an hour or so, you get a nice ice cream consistency.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Another thing - I have a friend who brings me back from Cambodia THE most amazing coconut candies - they are like a Werthers original, only coconut flavoured. I have to have one a day. I am not a candy fan (I prefer chocolate to hard candies, or jelly beans and stuff like that) but these are fabulous.

My point being that something like a hard candy that you can linger over, can often shake the cravings for sweets without too much angst about it. There are 22 calories in a Werthers candy, FYI (according to MFP)
  • lgill1127
    lgill1127 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If I have a sweet craving after dinner I'll typically go for either 1-2 dried figs (seriously - nature's candy. no joke), a square of dark chocolate, or a 1/2 cup of Halo Top ice cream. Their Oatmeal Cookie is my new favorite.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I often make a low-calorie dessert and many of these involve fruit and some kind of booze. For example: Peel and section four medium naval oranges. Mix 1/2 cup orange marmalade and 1/4 cup triple sec. Pour over oranges and refrigerate. Each 1/2-cup serving (roughly half an orange) is just under 100 calories.
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I love the frozen Gone Bananas from Trader Joe's. Dark chocolate covered banana bites...120 calories for 4.
  • vt_chicky
    vt_chicky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I don't know about anyone else but sometimes when I'm done eating a meal I was something sweat.. candy. What do you guys eat that could be considered candy when you want something sweat. Also the other way too, when you want something salty etc .. looking for better options. Thanks!
    Hey, I don't know about anyone else but sometimes when I'm done eating a meal I was something sweat.. candy. What do you guys eat that could be considered candy when you want something sweat. Also the other way too, when you want something salty etc .. looking for better options. Thanks!

• vt_chicky
    vt_chicky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutely crave sweets, especially chocolate, after dinner. I've found that if I have a cup of mocha coffee ( black with stevia) I am satisfied.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I keep stock of good dark chocolate, hard candies, etc. around for the same reason.