Women over 40, wanting to lose 20 lbs, support/motivation/success?

Options
I sure could use some girl friends who are on the same page as I am. I'm 43 and gained 20 lbs this year. I'm only 5'3" and those extra 20 lbs really show, nothing fits anymore. My weight has yo yo'd up and down since I was 25 and it's only getting harder and harder to get it back down again. My goal is to get healthy, active and maintain a stable weight of around 130 lbs.

Anyone with me? What are you doing to get there?

I started Piyo this week, it kicked my butt but I love it. Also strictly using the food diary here - it really helps. Right now I'm just planning to do Piyo 3 times a week. Once I can do that without hurting for 3 days after, I'll add something else (maybe weight lifting, maybe some cardio, not sure what yet).

Replies

• designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love sugar! And bread... And salt...

I've also got 2 kids and kudos to you for doing it by yourself, that's the hardest job in the world.

I'm sending you a friend request :smile:
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    52 years old and got into my size 4 petite jeans this summer. Yaaay! Smallest since high school!

Unmmm - yeah, so that was the summer. I'm paying for my sins now and back at it. At 138 now and would levitate if I could see 123.
  • sen301
    sen301 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am 40 and want to lose 15 lbs. I have a trainer which I work out with once a week and I take spin once to twice a week along with cardio. Any advise will be great! thanks.
  • samweathers17
    samweathers17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to loose 20lbs, I'm with you and will send a friend request
  • jhbruiser
    jhbruiser Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! I have 30 to lose, though. I"ll send a friend request.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in Oct and I'm looking to lose around 15lbs. I do a lot already exercise wise (circuits, gym, spin, PT sessions), so I have to be super strict with food. I work full time as a teacher (secondary school French and Spanish) so I'm on my feet all day at work, and I have 3 kids (7, 5 and 2), plus my husband does shift work. I've found it hard to lose tha last bit after my third baby. I lost it a lot faster after baby no. 2.
  • designerdiscounts
    Options
    I'll be 40 in Oct and I'm looking to lose around 15lbs. I do a lot already exercise wise (circuits, gym, spin, PT sessions), so I have to be super strict with food. I work full time as a teacher (secondary school French and Spanish) so I'm on my feet all day at work, and I have 3 kids (7, 5 and 2), plus my husband does shift work. I've found it hard to lose tha last bit after my third baby. I lost it a lot faster after baby no. 2.

Can I ask what your work out program looks like? I'm looking for ideas. And yes, those last 15 are the hardest! But congrats on getting there after 3 kids! That's hard work.
  • designerdiscounts
    Options
    Arapacana1 wrote: »
    I'm 48, 5'3 and currently down to 151 from 203. I'd love to see my weight go down to the 130s. I've sent you a friend request.

You've already lost over 50 lbs, you rock!! What have you been doing to get your there?
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have so much in common with all of you! I am 5'3 and currently weigh around 144 but want to get down to around 125-128. I lost about 20 pounds last year but it just wont budge anymore. I work out alot with cardio but this year want to add more resistance training and weight lifting. I have looked alot at Kayla Itsines program and her Sweat with Kayla app- anyone familiar with this? It seems geared more toward younger women though. Would love to add anyone as friends.
  • lacy8
    lacy8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and I have an ultimate goal of losing 50 pounds. I was on track and down 15 when I suffered a knee injury. Needless to say I've gained back what I've lost and I've been trying to get back on track for awhile now. Would love to have some new lady friends that can give/receive support. I log in daily and I believe encouragement is a big part of this journey. Feel free to send a request.
  • Michelle2622017
    Michelle2622017 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am 51, currently 149, and working my way back to 120. Or... at least to 128.

I would love to give and review support wih like minded people.
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Turning 42 this year. I started my 20# goal in January 2016 and (spoiler alert) succeeded. I'm now maintaining, but happy to have friends who are on the same path.

Currently obsessed with spin. Weights twice a week with trainer, and once on my own. It's been one big year. Hit that 20 lb GW by April 2016, and it took me until November(ish) to figure out maintenance. Honestly, not even really sure I'm "there." Will always be a challenge for me because I love red wine and All. The. Food.
  • designerdiscounts
    Options
    Congrats On hitting your goal weight!!