Losing fat on your arms?

Options
What's a good way to lose the fat on your arms without gaining to much muscle right away. I have big arms as it is and I'm worried I'll get really manly arms if I'm not careful

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Can't spot lose fat.

Is it possible you have a distorted view of how arms are?
  • Flyeaglesfly8630
    Flyeaglesfly8630 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hitting the compound movements bench pull ups overhead press don't focus on the isolation movements as much such as curl or push downs for example and nutrition a lot if nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Fat is lost systematically throughout the body, meaning if you lose 1% of bodyfat, it comes off everywhere. Everyone will have areas on there body that store fat faster than someone else. For some it's hips and butt, some at the waist and some in the arms and back, or any different combinations. You can't target fat loss with exercise. You stay in a moderate calorie deficit and continue till you reach the body fat percentage you want to be.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
    I've been trying to get "manlier" arms for like 3 years and have not had much luck.... It will not happen by accident.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Also reaffirming as already said. Most people have a hit list for their body fat (stomach, hips, arms or whatever). Its really down to genetics where fat is added and removed. You will have a stubborn spot, or not really stubborn but a place that is added to first and removed last. Mine is my stomach for example. But no matter how many crunches I do, any muscle will be hidden under the stomach until I reduce my overall bodyfat.

So, in your case you want to target fat stores on your arms, its simply needing to work on an overall fat loss routine.

Think of another thing, you can train arms all you like but your body could use fat on your hips to fuel those workouts (overly simplistic view but just demonstrating a point).
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Lypo is the Only way to lose fat on your arms without a calorie deficit
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    As above and well, it really depends on how the fat works for you, the first place I shed fat from when I lose fat ( not weight, but fat ) is my back, my arms look bigger for a bit longer but eventually they lean out, still never got bigger than half an inch lol so, good luck!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you don't need to worry about waking up one days with overly muscular arms - trust me!