Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I keep my eye on my own plate to ensure the security of my fries. I keep an eye on the plates of others to annex their fries.

Lurve this.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Sharing is good. There are tight knit friendships that have been going on for years. You can tell when you've edged up on those because it's a private group. Understood and appreciated.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I just don't find my food transcendental. Tasty, yes, but the peanut butter toast I had for breakfast this morning wasn't accompanied by angels singing, and PB is way too sticky to sleep on.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I just don't find my food transcendental. Tasty, yes, but the peanut butter toast I had for breakfast this morning wasn't accompanied by angels singing, and PB is way too sticky to sleep on.

Speak for yourself.

Actually, knowing the ads you see, I'm surprised by this :)
  • pinuplove
    Options

Speak for yourself.

Actually, knowing the ads you see, I'm surprised by this :)

Food and I are firmly in the friend zone :tongue:
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    ozfhjygfhdrx.jpg
    Does this count as clean?

If it didn't fall on the floor, then in my opinion, yep - it's clean.
  • VUA21
    Options
    I really appreciate the support this thread gives us. Would anyone get mad if they knew I ate that every day M-F for lunch?

I had Fruit Loops for lunch today. So I am in no position to get mad at anyone else's lunch choices. For dinner I'm having green chilli chicken enchiladas (and yep, to soften the tortillas - they are lightly deep fried).
  • VUA21
    Options
    I really appreciate the support this thread gives us. Would anyone get mad if they knew I ate that every day M-F for lunch?

Provided it doesn't involve too much salad, quinoa, kale, or (apparently) cold fries, feel free :lol:

Kale is overpriced garnish, not meant to be eaten. And quinoa looks a whole lot like what I put in my bird feeder, so I'll pass on that too. Now cold fries....well, those I can just re-fry and get them extra crispy.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Now cold fries....well, those I can just re-fry and get them extra crispy.

Hmmm. I wonder what happens if I put cold fries into the air fryer?
  • pinuplove
    edited June 2018
    Options

Provided it doesn't involve too much salad, quinoa, kale, or (apparently) cold fries, feel free :lol:

Kale is overpriced garnish, not meant to be eaten. And quinoa looks a whole lot like what I put in my bird feeder, so I'll pass on that too. Now cold fries....well, those I can just re-fry and get them extra crispy.

Quinoa does look like birdseed! I've tried it and was unimpressed. Kale needs to remember its place, lining the edges of the buffet.

Full disclosure - I did eat a spring mix salad for lunch, but it had fried chicken on it to keep the universe in balance.
  • VUA21
    Options
    Now cold fries....well, those I can just re-fry and get them extra crispy.

Hmmm. I wonder what happens if I put cold fries into the air fryer?

@Tacklewasher

Only one way to find out...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I mean, don't judge me or anything, but I love kale and quinoa. The best kale dish I had was in Boise interestingly enough. I was there for business last September and there was an Italian restaurant in the downtown-ish area (Red Feather something?) that had the most amazing grilled kale Caesar salad. I've tried to recreate it, but can't.

We make the shwarma bowls from skinnytaste.com with quinoa on the regular.

Just to show you I'm serious about not clean eating, though, I've eaten 5 tootsie roll mini candies each night for a week now. DIRTY. DIRTY. DIRTY.
  • MamaNess2018
    MamaNess2018 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I googled “lowest calorie Taco Bell” today. The results were a Fresca chicken taco supreme... I ordered it with full sour cream and cheese
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Ooooooh bringing on the controversy!!!

Lol Well it's none of their business. So they can go ahead and complain to themselves. Reasons my diary is now private!

Some people have too much time on their hands. Ignore ‘em!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I mean, don't judge me or anything, but I love kale and quinoa. The best kale dish I had was in Boise interestingly enough. I was there for business last September and there was an Italian restaurant in the downtown-ish area (Red Feather something?) that had the most amazing grilled kale Caesar salad. I've tried to recreate it, but can't.

We make the shwarma bowls from skinnytaste.com with quinoa on the regular.

Just to show you I'm serious about not clean eating, though, I've eaten 5 tootsie roll mini candies each night for a week now. DIRTY. DIRTY. DIRTY.

Red Feather Lounge at Bittercreek Alehouse?
  • pinuplove
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom I just choose a couple that I personally hate (except salad - I like salad but can't survive on rabbit food alone :lol: ) You can have my share of the kale!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Personally I despise kale with fiery passion - I actually cancelled my Blue Apron subscription because they had at least one recipe every week that had kale in it, and it was too difficult to navigate around that and my aversion to seafood.

I will admit to liking quinoa though. Honestly, the flavor of quinoa depends entirely on how it's cooked - it's pretty much a blank slate. I make a great southwest quinoa one-pot dish.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    @Ruatine it's not so much a flavor thing with me as texture. I find it very unpleasant for some reason :confounded:
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ah, see I get that. Texture can be a weird thing. I like the texture of quinoa. They're little balls of fun! :D