Fun fact...

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    The point isnt the spagetti anyways. I used it as a figure of speech since here in canada isnt nearly as cheap as the states. If you go shopping and spend like 40 bucks we pay like 70.. thats not technical math lol but it wasnt meant literally and i think its comical how many of you took it seriously. Ok how about this. We can go into our superstore and buy a huge pizza for 5 bucks but that big salad will cost you about 15 here.. so.. if you went and bought a 5 dollar pizza everyday ate the whole thing would you lose weight? Maybe but prob not and ita not healthy.. 15 dollars for your salad everyday and you would prob lose weight but you cant eat that salad over tome cuz you would prob want it all. But that pizza would last you all day but you would have to fight to drop weight like that.. its expensive here.. maybe the spagetti thing was maybe more of a canadian saying.. lol

I think maybe the point has become how much you have to spend to eat healthy depends on where you live. ;)
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The point isnt the spagetti anyways. I used it as a figure of speech since here in canada isnt nearly as cheap as the states. If you go shopping and spend like 40 bucks we pay like 70.. thats not technical math lol but it wasnt meant literally and i think its comical how many of you took it seriously. Ok how about this. We can go into our superstore and buy a huge pizza for 5 bucks but that big salad will cost you about 15 here.. so.. if you went and bought a 5 dollar pizza everyday ate the whole thing would you lose weight? Maybe but prob not and ita not healthy.. 15 dollars for your salad everyday and you would prob lose weight but you cant eat that salad over tome cuz you would prob want it all. But that pizza would last you all day but you would have to fight to drop weight like that.. its expensive here.. maybe the spagetti thing was maybe more of a canadian saying.. lol

The point is that you could just eat *less* of the pizza you were already eating. If it puts you at a deficit, you could lose weight. And since you're now eating that pizza over several meals (instead of all at once), you would be spending less on your food than before (and, if you wanted, you could apply some of that savings to buying fresh fruits and vegetables if you were not already doing so).

Hahahahahaha ok ok im done. Im over it:p
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options

I think maybe the point has become how much you have to spend to eat healthy depends on where you live. ;)

Hahahahahaha im over it. It made sense too me lol.. no one is wrong! I just think what i meant in my head was taken abit outta context here:p
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

The point is that you could just eat *less* of the pizza you were already eating. If it puts you at a deficit, you could lose weight. And since you're now eating that pizza over several meals (instead of all at once), you would be spending less on your food than before (and, if you wanted, you could apply some of that savings to buying fresh fruits and vegetables if you were not already doing so).

It doesn't cost more to eat less. If you choose to buy more expensive foods when you're losing weight, then you will spend more. But that's just like . . . common sense. Buying more expensive foods -- whatever those are in your part of the world -- is going to cost more whether one is losing weight or not.

feeling full is an important part of weight loss...eating "good" food helps with that...good food costs more money.

That's the other side of the coin.

as I have said losing weight does not cost more money...but what is the point of losing weight if you aren't going to maintain it and you won't maintain it if you don't enjoy what is happening...if you are hungry because you are eating half a box of KD versus 1 box you are bound to gain it back...but if you eat 1 chicken breast and veggies chances are you are going to be fuller longer...

both are correct but you are both arguing the rightness of both answers like the other is wrong...when they aren't...

again...if you lose weight and don't maintain it and get fit and healthy what is the point????? punishment for being fat????
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    Hahaha
    SezxyStef wrote: »

It doesn't cost more to eat less. If you choose to buy more expensive foods when you're losing weight, then you will spend more. But that's just like . . . common sense. Buying more expensive foods -- whatever those are in your part of the world -- is going to cost more whether one is losing weight or not.

feeling full is an important part of weight loss...eating "good" food helps with that...good food costs more money.

as I have said losing weight does not cost more money...but what is the point of losing weight if you aren't going to maintain it and you won't maintain it if you don't enjoy what is happening...if you are hungry because you are eating half a box of KD versus 1 box you are bound to gain it back...but if you eat 1 chicken breast and veggies chances are you are going to be fuller longer...

both are correct but you are both arguing the rightness of both answers like the other is wrong...when they aren't...

again...if you lose weight and don't maintain it and get fit and healthy what is the point????? punishment for being fat????

Haha im actually laughing because there NOT wrong:p and i think its funny there arguing you CAN and i know you CAN lose eating whatever you want. It was more whats more cost effective i guess i was getting at rather then CICO aspect.. thank you for understanding:p
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    although that is true, i don't know if i would have continued running, without my running watch.it's a huge motivation looking at your stats at the end of a run and seeing the progress through the numbers.I almost had a panic moment last week when i woke up in the morning and realised i forgot to charge it. Thankfully it only took half an hour to charge it at 75%,and i went out for my 9k run feeling happy. :smile:
    Now running clothes..nah i don't feel like spending 50 euro on a pair of running leggings, i'll just wear a normal pair.As long as it's elastic and not restrictive, i'm good to go.
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    Kinda like you can go and buy 200 worth of spegetti and it last prob 6 months to a year but spend 200 on healthy eats and eat for 2 weeks MAYBE lol
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    unfortunately the OP is incorrect.

Losing weight does cost money. Do you need "special" gear...yes you do.

If you go for a walk without the proper shoes it hurts (been there done that)
    If you go for a run in jeans yah...okay

You need proper shoes and clothing for the activity....that does cost money.
    The "healthy" food is more expensive than "easy foods" so chances are your grocery bill will go up.

Not trying to discourage just throwing a dose of reality in here...

I have a fitness tracker...it helps but not necessary
    I do not go to a gym

I do however have 3 pairs of runners (walking/running), I have spent funds on weights and proper clothing (keeps the girls in check when running) among other items of clothing that are required for what I do.

I am not a sheep but get to enjoy what I am doing I have to have the proper gear to do it...it's a must have not a nice to have thing....and if you are serious you get that too...

As usual...people take a statement and make assumptions. I said EXPENSIVE workout clothes. You don't need 100$ yoga pants to do yoga. They will not make you better at yoga. By all means though...spend thousands of dollars on *kitten* you don't actually need because a TV commercial tells you so, only to lose weight temporarily and then gain it back (like most dieters). Is the goal is to LOSE WEIGHT, then yeah, no reason you need a bunch of gadgets to do that. If you play sports then that is different. Your goal is probably performance based, or you are competing. That is not what I'm talking about here. The diet industry wants to convince you that you need their crap to lose weight or be on the cutting edge. They promise a quicker way. An easier way. A way that gives you something to talk to your friends at the water cooler at work about. You don't have to fall for it.

Ya know, had you not posted in such a condescending way, complete with the name calling (sheep to be specific) people wouldn't be so irritated about the post.

Thankfully I don't care about offending people. If people want to spend their hard earned dollars on crap they don't need then of course that's their perogative. It's curious however, that the same crowd are often the first to complain about "how expensive things are these days, and families just can't make ends meet anymore". How our grandparents could raise families on one income etc. Yeah..they didn't spend their money on fit bits and exercise equipment that collected dust in the rec room of their 3500+ square foot house that they needed to buy buy because their old house was too small for all their stuff they bought. I remember my mom losing weight in the early 80's. she put on sweat pants and went out side and ran around our neighbor hood. She started by jogging from one telephone pole to the next then walking for 2 just around the block. Each day she ran a little more, walked a little less until she was running 4 miles a day (she actually drove the route in the car to find out how far it was). She ate the same food we always ate. She'd make up her plate, then carefully remove 1/3 of the normal portion she'd usually eat and put it back in the serving bowl/plate. She lost 50 pounds this way.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited January 2017
    Options

But good food doesn't always cost more money. Where you live clearly plays a role.

We live on a farm and grow most of our fruits and vegetables. It would cost me a lot more to eat premade or boxed foods like pizza or mac and cheese than it would vegetables.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Y'all must have been bored yesterday and today!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

The "healthy" food is more expensive than "easy foods" so chances are your grocery bill will go up.

I do not go to a gym

I do however have 3 pairs of runners (walking/running), I have spent funds on weights and proper clothing (keeps the girls in check when running) among other items of clothing that are required for what I do.

I am not a sheep but get to enjoy what I am doing I have to have the proper gear to do it...it's a must have not a nice to have thing....and if you are serious you get that too...

As usual...people take a statement and make assumptions. I said EXPENSIVE workout clothes. You don't need 100$ yoga pants to do yoga. They will not make you better at yoga. By all means though...spend thousands of dollars on *kitten* you don't actually need because a TV commercial tells you so, only to lose weight temporarily and then gain it back (like most dieters). Is the goal is to LOSE WEIGHT, then yeah, no reason you need a bunch of gadgets to do that. If you play sports then that is different. Your goal is probably performance based, or you are competing. That is not what I'm talking about here. The diet industry wants to convince you that you need their crap to lose weight or be on the cutting edge. They promise a quicker way. An easier way. A way that gives you something to talk to your friends at the water cooler at work about. You don't have to fall for it.

Ya know, had you not posted in such a condescending way, complete with the name calling (sheep to be specific) people wouldn't be so irritated about the post.

Thankfully I don't care about offending people. If people want to spend their hard earned dollars on crap they don't need then of course that's their perogative. It's curious however, that the same crowd are often the first to complain about "how expensive things are these days, and families just can't make ends meet anymore". How our grandparents could raise families on one income etc. Yeah..they didn't spend their money on fit bits and exercise equipment that collected dust in the rec room of their 3500+ square foot house that they needed to buy buy because their old house was too small for all their stuff they bought. I remember my mom losing weight in the early 80's. she put on sweat pants and went out side and ran around our neighbor hood. She started by jogging from one telephone pole to the next then walking for 2 just around the block. Each day she ran a little more, walked a little less until she was running 4 miles a day (she actually drove the route in the car to find out how far it was). She ate the same food we always ate. She'd make up her plate, then carefully remove 1/3 of the normal portion she'd usually eat and put it back in the serving bowl/plate. She lost 50 pounds this way.

You spend money on crap you don't need.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Satiety is an important part of weight loss, but the foods that promote it aren't necessarily more expensive than those that don't. Eating a giant bowl of salad that costs $15 isn't the only way to feel full.

I do think it is wrong that one can't eat pasta and lose weight. I also think it is wrong that one *must* spend more money on groceries in order to lose weight (although I don't know, it could be the case in Canada).
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Y'all must have been bored yesterday and today!

I find this quite entertaining for my afternoon lol
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I do not go to a gym

You spend money on crap you don't need.

Yup bet she has a Gi for BJJ...doesn't need it tho, heavy bag drills???? HIIT Treadmill...wow.

so here is someone spending money on either 1. Gym membership or 2 Gear for the house and tellings others they are sheep too rich...too rich.