Is eating 5000 calories per day doable

Options
YES! Eating 5000 calories per day of CLEAN food is attainable but takes a lot of work and focus. When you need to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours per day it can be a cahllenge. For those people who are trying to put on muscle and mass eating 5k calories per day of CLEAN foods is something you might need to do. Depending upon your current stature and your goals you may just need to consume this many calories per day to build size and muscle.

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    We all know what "clean" food is. You are more the Rich Piana diet I am more the Kai Greene, Jay Cutler diet
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What is clean to some isn't for others, I usually, 99% the time go for whole grain, but right now I am cooking white rice, 1.- it's all I got and 2.- it's still pretty good, I keep track of my macros and today is gym day, leg day nonetheless so rice,white rice,today for me would be clean :blush:

I'm unsure of the whole thing... like those alternatives..cauliflower rice.. I do like it, I think it's awesome, but if I want rice then I'll have actual rice, hmmm ,I should get back to cook !
  • BHFF
    Options
    Well this is a WEIGHT GAINING & BODYBUILDING thread so I am assuming the people here are into eating clean I would hope lol.....Nothing wrong or "unclean" about white rice, its all I eat when I eat rice. White rice actually digests much easier than brown rice. Nothing not clean about white rice at all.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    Options
    BHFF wrote: »
    Well this is a WEIGHT GAINING & BODYBUILDING thread so I am assuming the people here are into eating clean I would hope lol.....Nothing wrong or "unclean" about white rice, its all I eat when I eat rice. White rice actually digests much easier than brown rice. Nothing not clean about white rice at all.

Oh ok well I was wondering cos some people, or some people I know diss anything white, like..white rice, white bread, I usually don't choose those but sometimes I do, but mainly I live off legumes and veggies so ^_^ there is that.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Oh ok well I was wondering cos some people, or some people I know diss anything white, like..white rice, white bread, I usually don't choose those but sometimes I do, but mainly I live off legumes and veggies so ^_^ there is that.

I eat white rice, white bread and white pasta all the time. Too much fiber is way too filling and bloats me.. I eat enough veggies and whole grains that I have room for the pasta I enjoy. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I eat white rice, white bread and white pasta all the time. Too much fiber is way too filling and bloats me.. I eat enough veggies and whole grains that I have room for the pasta I enjoy. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Ahhh, I hear you, well I seem to NEED the fiber cos otherwise...let's say I need it to work properly on all levels, now I feel better about my rice , might even make sushi on the weekend ha, thanks for the input
  • BHFF
    Options
    Here is the problem with white bread....it has SUGAR. White rice does not. I would avoid white breads if it were me. White rice is fine though
  • BHFF
    Options
    Again this is a bodybuilding forum. Whats wrong with sugar??? Do you really want me to list the unhealthy reasons why we should all be avoiding sugar?
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    Options
    Humm.. we have a mexican bread, it's white, it does not have sugar on it's making. It's only the flour, some salt and water.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    Options
    When you say sugar is bad you mean the excessive amounts found in many things that people tend to overeat? or any sugar? cos fruits have a form of sugar, yes also fiber and vitamins and stuff, but ultimately, I try not to consume it much but if it's in say, a vegan cake I found..then I will eat some yeah, just a bit.
  • BHFF
    Options
    LMAO uh youre cute! No fear mongering here just facts. You eat all the sugar you want and be happy with that. As a lic. nutritionist I don't think its a good idea for people to go out and start eating things loaded with sugar and want to be a bodybuilder. Which this thread is about. Unless you are a lic. nutritionist as well and have a better opinion.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    We all know what "clean" food is. You are more the Rich Piana diet I am more the Kai Greene, Jay Cutler diet

No, we don't all know what "clean" food is. If we did, then it would be easy to define. I have been actively studying nutrition for a long time, and I have a colloquial sense of what people mean when they say it, but the specific definition is completely arbitrary, and therefore not particularly useful. That is why you will get a lot of questions and disagreement when you use the term here.

That seems to be the case, yes