Which one do you pay the most attention to? Do you count calories, fat, carbs or sugars?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I focus on calories, and making sure I get enough protein. Everything else? Not a big deal for me.

Same!

I have no problem getting enough fat, and I've completely hidden sugar from view.

I do somewhat keep an eye on iron and fiber, though.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here's my list of priorities:

1 - Calories: My maintenance calories are high. I need to make sure I'm eating enough so I don't keep losing.

2 - Macros: I try to eat as balanced as I can at each meal. Proteins and fats keeps me satiated.

3 - Sodium: Too much bloats me up and I need to watch my blood pressure.

4 - Fiber: Very important to me to keep things moving and my belly flat.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    For weight loss I focus on calories, but for medical reasons, I also pay close attention to carbs (max), sugar(max), and protein(minimum).
  • ulcaster555
    ulcaster555 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    All of them for health reasons
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    The first thing I do is know where my calories need to be based on my total burn or TDEE. Then I set my macro nutrients based on where I want to be, today I'm about 40 protein, 40 carbs, 20 fat. I make sure I get my protein and limit my fat and fill in the rest with carbs. I don't count sugar, salt, etc. at all.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Calories
    Protein
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Calories and then sugar. My giving up sugar has helped me lose a significant amount of weight so I make sure I stay the hell away from it.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Calories then protein but I think I need to start looking at fibre (don't ask why).
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Calories first, Micro second, sugar third, sodium fourth.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Calories and protein*. I used to watch fat too (as I am prone to eating *very* high carb if I don't pay attention) but seem to have gotten that to the point where I no longer have to.

*I would not consume a whole bunch of extra calories just to meet an arbitrary protein target, but if my protein is low, I'll factor that in when choosing a snack.