Beginner Health??

Options
I am 21

Female

I weigh 244 pounds

5'8

I am trying to lose about 50 lbs..

has anyone tried the 21 day fix?? They have told me to eat around 2,300 cals a day.

Is that too much cals?

I am planning to exercise 7 days a week 30 minutes a day.

HELPP!!! :smile:

Replies

• Patolaa
    Patolaa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of the 21 day fix. I am 32, 5’5, 219 lbs. Goal is 175. This app tells me my goal is 1200 Cals a day to lose 2lbs per week. Good luck on your journey!
  • cmdrmanders
    cmdrmanders Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is what people call "Fad Diets" I've tried a ton of them over the years and each one promised to get the weight off and it did however once I went back to eating a normal diet I gained all the weight back. 2,300 cal is how much you would eat if you were doing a crazy amount of exercise everyday. If you live a less active lifestyle that's just going to cause you to gain weight.
    I'm 23 years old, 237 lbs, 5'5"
    I started at 244 and am now 237, my goal is 180 (or maybe lower if I feel like continuing to lose weight)
    I live a low activity life and work out 2-3 times a week. It's recommended I eat about 1200 cal. You seem like you're in a similar area, so 1200-1500 would probably be fitting if you live a low activity life like myself.
    On the other side of things, while 2,300 cal is a lot don't eat less than 1,000 a day. Your body will go into starvation mode and things won't end well. Any weight you gain by 'starving' yourself will be back, it did for me.
    Anyway, I wish you luck and I hope you can find a healthy eating style that will fit you.
    I just recently went pescetarian (vegetarian that eats fish) and this is probably the best change I've ever made. I also cut out any and all over processed junk food, fast food, as well as soda and chocolate. I highly recommend at least cutting out junk to anyone who plans on losing weight as that's been a big help for me so far.

Best of luck, and please feel free to add me and message me if you want more help/advice. I'm no professional but I can at least give you my honest opinion or maybe some links to stuff I've found helpful.
  • ramicharowland
    ramicharowland Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Patolaa wrote: »
    Haven't heard of the 21 day fix. I am 32, 5’5, 219 lbs. Goal is 175. This app tells me my goal is 1200 Cals a day to lose 2lbs per week. Good luck on your journey!

Thank you so much. I think I am going to go with 1200 a day
  • ramicharowland
    ramicharowland Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is what people call "Fad Diets" I've tried a ton of them over the years and each one promised to get the weight off and it did however once I went back to eating a normal diet I gained all the weight back. 2,300 cal is how much you would eat if you were doing a crazy amount of exercise everyday. If you live a less active lifestyle that's just going to cause you to gain weight.
    I'm 23 years old, 237 lbs, 5'5"
    I started at 244 and am now 237, my goal is 180 (or maybe lower if I feel like continuing to lose weight)
    I live a low activity life and work out 2-3 times a week. It's recommended I eat about 1200 cal. You seem like you're in a similar area, so 1200-1500 would probably be fitting if you live a low activity life like myself.
    On the other side of things, while 2,300 cal is a lot don't eat less than 1,000 a day. Your body will go into starvation mode and things won't end well. Any weight you gain by 'starving' yourself will be back, it did for me.
    Anyway, I wish you luck and I hope you can find a healthy eating style that will fit you.
    I just recently went pescetarian (vegetarian that eats fish) and this is probably the best change I've ever made. I also cut out any and all over processed junk food, fast food, as well as soda and chocolate. I highly recommend at least cutting out junk to anyone who plans on losing weight as that's been a big help for me so far.

Best of luck, and please feel free to add me and message me if you want more help/advice. I'm no professional but I can at least give you my honest opinion or maybe some links to stuff I've found helpful.

Thank you!! 2,300 seemed like a lot to me as well... I think I am going to go with 1000- 1300