Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Complete bed rest and calorie allotment

13»

Replies

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Totally agree with what macgurinet, and HippySkoppy wrote. You are doing great. SO happy for you!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Just want to send positive thoughts your way. So glad you can go home. I was on strict (home) bed rest for 2 months with my twins. I nearly lost my mind, but it was so much better than the hospital.

I wish I had some helpful advice. Unfortunately the only way out is through. Hang in there! I pretty much hated every second of every day I was pregnant.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    I'm so glad to hear you're allow to sit out the rest of your sentence at home!

Hang in there Elphie! Everyday is one day closer to being able to hold your daughter. :smiley:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Just want to send positive thoughts your way. So glad you can go home. I was on strict (home) bed rest for 2 months with my twins. I nearly lost my mind, but it was so much better than the hospital.

I wish I had some helpful advice. Unfortunately the only way out is through. Hang in there! I pretty much hated every second of every day I was pregnant.

That is how I feel. Excited because I really always wanted a daughter, but hating everyday I'm pregnant.

We moved the second cable box into my room so I can watch TV in bed. My bedroom is also doubling as the nursery so I get to dictate where everything is going lol.

My parents actually moved closer to us (they had to move anyway due to rent increasing) so my mom comes by daily to check in, bring food, and bring stuff over that she bought (I'm pretty sure no one else is going to have a chance to buy anything from our registry because she keeps buying stuff).

Our female cat seems to think full bedrest for me means she has to snuggle with me 24/7 and bring me all her toys. Anytime someone goes to pick her up to move her, she throws a hissy fit and goes right back to snuggling with me. Only time she leaves the bed is to use the litter box and eat her wet food.

Trust the cat.

Hope with all the crap you've been through pregnant that the baby is a "good" baby, as in no health problems, sleeps all night, no Exorcist puking, no colic, etc.. <3

0d1e0c4afbfe11e10dc133223d041502.jpg
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

That is how I feel. Excited because I really always wanted a daughter, but hating everyday I'm pregnant.

We moved the second cable box into my room so I can watch TV in bed. My bedroom is also doubling as the nursery so I get to dictate where everything is going lol.

My parents actually moved closer to us (they had to move anyway due to rent increasing) so my mom comes by daily to check in, bring food, and bring stuff over that she bought (I'm pretty sure no one else is going to have a chance to buy anything from our registry because she keeps buying stuff).

Our female cat seems to think full bedrest for me means she has to snuggle with me 24/7 and bring me all her toys. Anytime someone goes to pick her up to move her, she throws a hissy fit and goes right back to snuggling with me. Only time she leaves the bed is to use the litter box and eat her wet food.

Trust the cat.

Hope with all the crap you've been through pregnant that the baby is a "good" baby, as in no health problems, sleeps all night, no Exorcist puking, no colic, etc.. <3

0d1e0c4afbfe11e10dc133223d041502.jpg

Lol love the cartoon!

Haha definitely trusting the cat. She comes over and put her head right on baby bump and waits until she gets kicked before she is satisfied all is okay.

ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I'm so glad to hear you're allow to sit out the rest of your sentence at home!

Hang in there Elphie! Everyday is one day closer to being able to hold your daughter. :smiley:

So am I. Hospital was so boring.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    An update: so this has actually been working and both OB and midwife are happy with baby development. She is currently in the 62nd percentile for her gestational age and weight (no idea how they calculate that). Still on full bedrest and stickingntot hat calorie allotment, although I have gained quite a bit. OB thinks it's all water since legs are fat and swollen.