5ft2-5ft3 Ladies in your 40s with 50-60lbs to lose.

Options
2»

Replies

• dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello there ladies. It's been six months and it's time for an update. I'm down a total of 63 lbs now and looking to drop another 22. My 46th birthday is in mid August, so I know I won't make it by then. So I'm looking to be at goal by the end of the year and go out on New Years in something amazing. My highest weight was 216. I always thought it was 205! Then I checked here and I may have started here lower but I gained. Sigh. Well I hope you all are doing well and meeting your personal goals as well.
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    dm5859 wrote: »
    Hello there ladies. It's been six months and it's time for an update. I'm down a total of 63 lbs now and looking to drop another 22. My 46th birthday is in mid August, so I know I won't make it by then. So I'm looking to be at goal by the end of the year and go out on New Years in something amazing. My highest weight was 216. I always thought it was 205! Then I checked here and I may have started here lower but I gained. Sigh. Well I hope you all are doing well and meeting your personal goals as well. [/quote

congrats what worked for you?
  • Minisumoh
    Minisumoh Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Great thread! I'm looking for inspiration as I'm 43, 5'2" and not sure of my weight as my scales are buggered, but a UK size 20 and the biggest I've ever been. As someone who was able to stick at around a size 12 with little effort, it's been quite a shock how quickly the weight has piled on since I hit 40 :grimace:

I know the principles of healthy living, I just struggle to put them into practice on a daily basis. But I've recently been diagnosed with hypertension, cholesterol levels off the charts and am borderline type 2 diabetic, so I NEED to make a change. I also desperately want to get back into all my gorgeous clothes!
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, 5-4, 178 pounds. Used to be about 120 when I was younger. Now aiming for 138 to start with.
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @rabbyduby I started off with weight watcher based app until I got to the lowest amount of points--for Points Plus that was 26. I wasted my time there for about a year losing and gaining the same 15 pounds. And then I started watching my carbs by eating rice, bread and fruit before 2 pm. Then I started trying to keep those carbs under 100grams then 75, etc. recently I started keto when I found a website with great recipes that I tried and found delicious. That was ruled.me.com. Also some others like lowcarbmaven. I figure try a little bit of everything so as not to get bored as long as it's not crazy restrictive, right?
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    5ft 3, will be 50 at end of the year. Started beginning of January at 173lbs, now 144, slow progress last few months but getting there!! Aiming for goal of 133.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!