Not meeting protein requirements or calories?!

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    hamshor wrote: »
    IIFYM let you eat everything that fit your macros. But, a healthy diet plan should not advise you to eat every kind of food, junk food, artificial food. And yes, i have scientific facts: every junk food is considered "bad" in medicine!

Your inability to produce those fact is what is concerning. Not only have you not provided a definition of what you believe is clean or not (because there is no universal definition), you have also not provided any scientific data to support your claims. I will take the advice of the PhD, who is a record holding power lifter and winning bodybuilder, who has dedicated his career to health, than some person on the forum. And my junk for diet has provided myself with outstanding metabolic markers across the board.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Your choice. 90% clean 10% junk during a day is not sinething that i can recommend. Maybe one or two cheat meals a week should do the trick for your "cravings" and also be a healthy choice.

But how is a "cheat meal" without restriction any different than a small amount of something daily (that fits my macros)? I don't have cravings - I certainly did as a clean eater when things were off limits.

You still haven't explained how it's detrimental.

7 cheat meals a week is not the same as 1 or 2 cheat meals a week.

I don't have cheat meals. I include small amounts of treats (if I want them) and make them fit. I already explained that I would eat less of these foods in a week (or probably a month) than someone having cheat meals would have in one meal. I never said I do have them every day, having the freedom to eat whatever, whenever takes away the need/desire for it, unlike clean eaters who crave, often binge, and revert back to their old eating habits, or destroy themselves with guilt and negative thoughts.

You still haven't explained how it's detrimental

I have explained: Eat clean/healthy foods, not only for muscles, but also for good health.
    I'm not saying to eat 1000 calories of cheat meal. Everything in moderation.

1000 calories is a healthy snack for some and not a "healthy meal" let alone a cheat meal. Please don't spout your bro-science when you obviously don't understand health/fitness/diet.

I feel like this kind of crap has gotten a lot worse since they added bodybuilding to the forum title.

In all fairness, it is the new year, so we are always going to get an uptick on people on the forum. So are just more ill informed than others.

That's a fair point. I've historically avoided all fitness forums this time of year. The gym population is painful enough in January/February.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Your choice. 90% clean 10% junk during a day is not sinething that i can recommend. Maybe one or two cheat meals a week should do the trick for your "cravings" and also be a healthy choice.

But how is a "cheat meal" without restriction any different than a small amount of something daily (that fits my macros)? I don't have cravings - I certainly did as a clean eater when things were off limits.

I don't have cheat meals. I include small amounts of treats (if I want them) and make them fit. I already explained that I would eat less of these foods in a week (or probably a month) than someone having cheat meals would have in one meal. I never said I do have them every day, having the freedom to eat whatever, whenever takes away the need/desire for it, unlike clean eaters who crave, often binge, and revert back to their old eating habits, or destroy themselves with guilt and negative thoughts.

I have explained: Eat clean/healthy foods, not only for muscles, but also for good health.

1000 calories is a healthy snack for some and not a "healthy meal" let alone a cheat meal. Please don't spout your bro-science when you obviously don't understand health/fitness/diet.

I feel like this kind of crap has gotten a lot worse since they added bodybuilding to the forum title.

In all fairness, it is the new year, so we are always going to get an uptick on people on the forum. So are just more ill informed than others.

Let's hope February rolls round soon so that our gym's are empty and forum's less "bro-scienced".
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Let's hope February rolls round soon so that our gym's are empty and forum's less "bro-scienced".

We can only hope. Cringed my way through this whole thread.

OP- add more fats into your diet. Nut butters, avocados, rapeseed oil (which is also a good source of omegas for plant based eaters), etc.

You can also add more nuts, beans, tofu, lentils, edamame, and mock meats to up your protein.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

Thank you ,I totally agree!