not new here but never formerly introduced myself

Options
I was a very in shape guy in college playing football until a drunk driver hit me on my motorcycle taking it all away from me. 9 months in the hospital and was told I wouldn't walk again. that was back in 1994(yea im kind of old lol) im happy to say I did in fact walk 6 months after the accident somewhat. I just had to learn to all over again. the stress from it all, being bedridden and basically losing everything I owned caused me to go into a deep depression and during that time I went from a lean 250lbs to an obese 472lbs! I was a diabetic, took blood pressure meds and slept with a cpap machine. I lived like that a many of years miserable! I lost my mother on October 2014 from complications of a stroke which was obesity related. after her funeral, my then 16 year old son looked into my eyes and said "dad, you have to fix yourself! I cant bury you like this" my heart was broken. I could see the fear in his and my wifes eyes that I was next. I said no more! in December 2014 I took the bull by the horns and started dieting and joined a gym. I knew what needed to be done from living the healthy lifestyle in college so I went back to what I knew worked. here I am 2 years later and im down to a shredded 243lbs and feel better than I ever felt. sorry for the long story but its how I got to where I am. future goals are set high but I will achieve them at any cost....

Replies

• CliffTripped
    CliffTripped Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You came from lows I could never imagine, and yet. Pulled through it all for your Family. You are a great man.
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    You came from lows I could never imagine, and yet. Pulled through it all for your Family. You are a great man.

thank you! much appreciated
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,017 Member
    Options
    Wow, What an inspiring journey you have been on! Unreal! You should feel so accomplished, and proud of yourself. I admire your drive and ambition!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm very pleased to read your story. Thank you for posting it.
  • ajw101788
    ajw101788 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow, What an inspiring journey you have been on! Unreal! You should feel so accomplished, and proud of yourself. I admire your drive and ambition!

You are such an inspiration! Congrats on all you have accomplished
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    Options

I feel awesome. its been a heck of a journey so far and 1 I look forward to being on every day now. thanks you so much for the kind words!
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    Options
    I'm very pleased to read your story. Thank you for posting it.

im glad you liked it. ive never opened up and told many my story until now. I do feel better sharing it so people can know the bottom is only the bottom if you allow it to be! rise up to challenges and defeat them! it feels so much better on the positive side of things that's for sure...

• mablade18
    mablade18 Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    You are such an amazing guy & such an inspiration!!
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    Options
    abily93 wrote: »
    You are such an amazing guy & such an inspiration!!

thanks my friend!
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    Such admiration I have for you and what a moving and inspirational story! <3
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    So inspiring. Congrats all all you have achieved! Your family must be so proud!
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    Options
    You have been through so much and yet still you come out on top. you are an amazing person. I have no doubt you will achieve any goals you set.

thank you ms. trish! means a lot coming from a badass like you!
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    Options
    missyj1115 wrote: »
    Such admiration I have for you and what a moving and inspirational story! <3

thank you sooo much! its been a hard journey but a dang good one!
  • carmel199
    carmel199 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great comeback glad to hear about your success.
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    Options
    carmel199 wrote: »
    Great comeback glad to hear about your success.

THANK YOU!
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    youre a champion!! way to go on overcoming your issues and taking it head on!! keep going and never give up, never go back to where you started because day one always sucks!! #yougotthis
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    Options
    1979kiki wrote: »
    youre a champion!! way to go on overcoming your issues and taking it head on!! keep going and never give up, never go back to where you started because day one always sucks!! #yougotthis

im on it for sure. its become a lifestyle now and I look forward to my morning workouts every day! thanks for the support!