Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Show off your talent!

Options
Reaverie
Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
Into sculpting? Painting? Pencil art? tablet or computer art? Weaving or sewing? Writing?

Impress everyone with your gifts and talents!

I like to write, draw, or use procreate on the IPad when bored myself.

Replies

• Reaverie
    Options
    AWE! Lucky wife you have there!
  • Reaverie
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I think that looks great.
    My talents are cooking and baking and figure skating. This is a Plants vs Zombies cake I made a few years ago.

That looks AWESOME! I made a minecraft cake for my nephew once. I hate baking but I dont mind the decorating. It didnt look as stream line and perfect as yours. Mine looked like it was melting! Melting! Oh what a world!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I did Minecraft for the boy's last birthday. He wanted an ender dragon so I made it out of fondant which was easy since Minecraft things are all blocks. All his friends at his party thought it was a pretty awesome cake. I"m sure the parents did too when they came home with black stained teeth from eating the dragon
  • Reaverie
    Options
    Ive never worked with fondant. Im not ever sure where to get it at. I bet it would be easier than trying to "draw" on the cake with a plastic baggy filled with icing though!. An ender dragon would have been cool. Its hard to find bakeries here who will do stuff like that. I keep running across those who make the excuse that they need permission from the makers of these games and shows just to use it on a cake. I find that ridiculous. The evidence gets eaten!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    These are oldish

I usually perform this quite a bit faster. It's my signature piece lol
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_1NGKwgFk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlmScPm4ccw
  • Reaverie
    Options
    I demoed an old brick fireplace and mantle from this wall, enclosed a useless built in ( a big hole), re framed and rocked the wall, removed two iron vertical heating pipes that ran up to the second floor, opened a doorway and repurposed some old trim and molding to frame it out, wired for the sconces, hand built the wainscot and skip trowel textured and painted the walls on this Dining room wall in my 1883 Colonial :smiley:

AWESOME! My family is very hands on as well. My dad and brother are carpenters. They bug me to paint for them but I have yet to do so. I love the color scheme you chose!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I don't have any... but I enjoy looking at other peoples work.
  • Reaverie
    Options
    These are oldish

This is AMAZING! I love the flute! I have zero musical talent.. None.. zilch.. I cant even sing! My kids have an ear for music. My daughter can sing and even write her own music. She has a gift for drumming but she wants to learn the violin. My son cant sing worth a flip but can reproduce classical music on a keyboard. I sound like a retarded seal..
  • Reaverie
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »

Everyone has a talent. An eye for decorating? Clothing? I have no sense of style. My sister once threatened that she would prevent me from leaving the house once if I didnt coordinate my outfit. Can you mimic other cultures accents? Speak more than one language? Write essays? Pixel art? Architecture?
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Reaverie wrote: »
    These are oldish

This is AMAZING! I love the flute! I have zero musical talent.. None.. zilch.. I cant even sing! My kids have an ear for music. My daughter can sing and even write her own music. She has a gift for drumming but she wants to learn the violin. My son cant sing worth a flip but can reproduce classical music on a keyboard. I sound like a retarded seal..

Thanks :) I do have a music degree and used to teach/perform all the time before I became ill.
  • Reaverie
    Options
    A wyvern I did several months back when I was going through a dragon phase. Took me DAYS. pxmqht2bjpfo.jpg

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options

Everyone has a talent. An eye for decorating? Clothing? I have no sense of style. My sister once threatened that she would prevent me from leaving the house once if I didnt coordinate my outfit. Can you mimic other cultures accents? Speak more than one language? Write essays? Pixel art? Architecture?

lol no not any of those.. Well I speak 5 languages.. but no artsy talent here
  • Reaverie
    Options

lol no not any of those.. Well I speak 5 languages.. but no artsy talent here

Id rather speak 5 languages than draw! I took spanish 1 5 times. I STILL cant speak spanish! I have no talent for other languages. My brother just picks them up like they are nothing. My daughter seems to have gotten that talent. She is learning Japanese and says its easy. I say she is nuts..
  • Reaverie
    Options
    These are oldish

Thanks :) I do have a music degree and used to teach/perform all the time before I became ill.

No one could teach me. I took choir in highschool and one of the students there thought to be helpful and let me in on a little secret. She leaned in and whispered, "you know, your voice would be great but you have to give up smoking. It really ruins your vocal chords." I admitted to her that I am in fact a non-smoker and never have been. She was shocked and said, "You mean you sound that bad naturally!" Yup.. I quit! lol!
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    These are oldish

No one could teach me. I took choir in highschool and one of the students there thought to be helpful and let me in on a little secret. She leaned in and whispered, "you know, your voice would be great but you have to give up smoking. It really ruins your vocal chords." I admitted to her that I am in fact a non-smoker and never have been. She was shocked and said, "You mean you sound that bad naturally!" Yup.. I quit! lol!

Haha funny! I'm not a singer either. I mean I've sung in tons of choirs and did the obligatory sight singing classes in university but nope not a soloist meaning I can sing in tune, etc just don't have a beautiful singing voice. I used to teach elementary school music and a music for young children program so I did sing a lot in classes but none of the little kids ever ran away scared ;)
  • Reaverie
    Options
    These are oldish

Haha funny! I'm not a singer either. I mean I've sung in tons of choirs and did the obligatory sight singing classes in university but nope not a soloist meaning I can sing in tune, etc just don't have a beautiful singing voice. I used to teach elementary school music and a music for young children program so I did sing a lot in classes but none of the little kids ever ran away scared ;)

HAHA ..Kids running away screaming. That would be pretty bad! I made my son cry is all. He begged me to stop singing. Claimed it "hurt" his ears. Im sure it was just the terribly 2s at the time. ;)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    The ender dragon
    elpkcvgt5saw.jpg