Most hated food

Options
15678911»

Replies

• earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah blue cheese. Funny thing is, i went through a few years in my teens when i LOVED cucumbers and blue cheese. Now i can't stand them.

(But now i love tomatoes and mushrooms and kale, which i couldn't stand as a teen)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a ridiculously strong aversion to fresh fruit. Have done since I was a small child. I can count on one hand the variety of fruits I've actually tried, because I can't generally bring myself to touch them, much less eat them.

I can't explain it, the rest of my family loves fruit and I eat every veggie you can name (and many that are actually technically fruit). The worst two are mangoes and strawberries. I have to avoid fruit and veg shops when mangoes are in season, as the smell makes me violently ill. Strawberries I loathe - I won't eat anything that's been on the same plate as a strawberry, even if they haven't technically touched. Watching people eat them makes me nauseous.
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of hollandaise sauce, jams/jellies, and custards. I always ask for them on the side :disappointed:
  • eggers_lorna
    eggers_lorna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegemite!!
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fish!! Ewwwww. Oh and I saw someone mention water chestnuts. Can't stand them.
  • dalem9383
    dalem9383 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    liver, mayonaise, olives, goat cheese, tomatoes(fresh), squash, licorice or anything anise flavored, mustard, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, canned peas(salty green mush), rice cakes, liver sausage, olive loaf, bologna, grapefruit, cucumbers...
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mustard - just the smell makes me gag. I can taste even the smallest amounts in a recipe. When I was younger, I actually told people I was allergic so that they took extra care not to put it on my food. LOL
    Sweet Potatoes
    Tuna
    Blue Cheese
    coconut
    licorice
    fennel
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    My ex MIL used to make a thing called 'junket' which was basically like jello made from almost gone off milk. I couldn't even look at it without the gag reflex kicking in.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Kale, quinoa, celery, tofu, and lima beans.