Replies

• Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    mushrooms, bananas, olives, fish, turnip
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip...so disgusting. Don't like actual mayonnaise either.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    let's see... i have taste and texture issues with food. but some are

Kale
    Liver
    Chicken and dumplings (hate the dumplings)
    Artichokes
    black licorice
    Ginger (anything)
    turnips
    rutabagas
    cooked spinach
    Brussels sprouts

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Sticking my neck out here : peanut butter. I absolutely cannot stand the stuff and can't understand why everyone raves about it. I'm trying to gain weight and the answer is always : peanut butter. Bleurrggh!
  • comptonelizabeth
    Options
    Also ,sprouts and beetroot!
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow such an amzing list of foods, some of the stories about how you all got aversions to some foods are fantasic. My list is fairly small,

Not keen on oysters, agree why eat snot from a stone.
    Sweets called chocolate limes, love limes, love chocolate, go figure

Nope thats about it, there are foods I would not choose to order, but will eat most things.
  • comptonelizabeth
    Options
    Licorice, water chestnuts, green olives, beer, raisins, blue cheese, half and half, onions, garlic, salami, grapefruit, capers, mayo, most salad dressings. I basically only eat cereal, eggs, waffles, milk, pasta, and frozen chicken nuggets.

My son is like that and at the age of 22 will only eat sausages and potato smileys. Luckily he no longer lives at home !
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    100% -> mushrooms
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    Oatmeal. Can't stand it. Growing up in the south I always had grits. Oatmeal is like grits' weird cousin and I just can't.

I'm the exact opposite. I grew up in Missouri (outside Kansas City) and I pretty much never saw grits until I moved to Georgia. And I can't bring myself to eat grits, no matter what.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Pretyy much any form of vegetable but especially
    - peas
    - beans
    - any form of pumpkin/squash

I would die. That's like 50% of my diet right there...
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Celery is my nemesis.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Olives
    Artichokes
    Raw celery

That's pretty much it I think...
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I hate anything with curry on it. The smell literally makes me gag. And Chinese food and anything from McDonald's - basically because they taste funky to me and make me feel greasy afterwards LOL
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Cilantro is hideous. And while I will eat fish, I find shell fish and other food derived from assorted sea creatures to be very offensive.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Celery is my nemesis.
    Bah I forgot all about celery, on purpose. yeah, I hate the stuff.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    Kale
    I don't get the whole kale thing.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Two things, more drinks really
    Alcohol - the stuff just makes me feel sick really sick.

Secondly fizzy sickly sweet soda's with coke being the worst of it. Tastes like some kind of motor reconditioning fluid to me- awful. Always hated it.
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm a really picky eater. Like, I'll try almost anything, but more often than not I end up not liking something, either because of its taste or texture or smell (or all three (i.e., fish). It sucks, but it is what it is, I guess. A few common foods/drinks that I hate are:

- coffee
    - plain milk
    - celery
    - arugula
    - brussel sprouts
    - turnips
    - asparagus
    - fish (canned tuna exempted)
    - organ meat
    - chicken wings
    - avocado
    - plantains
    - carrots
    - cucumber
    - coconuts
    - coleslaw
    - hummus
    - nutella
    - white chocolate
    - marshmallows
    - most cheeses
    - most cold cereals
    - most condiments/sauces/dips/dressings (i.e., salsa, guacamole, hot sauce, mustard, marinara, ranch, etc)
    - etcetera
  • postchrysalis
    Options
    Celery is my nemesis.

This. Like, there are loads of food I dislike, but celery? Whoo, boy. I abhor celery with every fiber of my being.
  • postchrysalis
    Options
    FlufferCat wrote: »
    Wow.I'm surprised there are so many passionate food aversions.I must be rather odd.I can eat almost anything.
    Really I must have a hardy digestive system.I'm not put off by much.I wouldn't want to eat bugs.But besides very unusual foods,I'll have a try.
    The few things I wouldn't buy for myself would be liverwurst,or organ meats.My mother liked liverwurst sandwiches.But I just didn't care for the smell.
    When I was younger I tried some of the vegetarian food products.Fake 'meats'.Some of the Boca Burgers,or Chicken was not bad.But one time I tried some nasty pale looking fake meat hot dog.It was repulsive.
    I'm through with fake food passing itself off as something else.It's just shady.

Lucky you. I wish I didn't dislike as many foods as I do. Being a picky eater isn't a good thing, IMO.

Also, I agree with the liverwurst/organ meat thing. I have this one aunt who is always cooking innards (gizzards, heart, liver, kidney, tongue, brain, etc) so I try to avoid eating with her (or being near her, actually) at all costs. She knows I can't stomach it, but that doesn't stop her from trying to either trick me into eating it, or force it on me. It sucks. Like, no, I don't want to try fried pig brain, no, not even a little tiny taste, now would you please get that fork out of my face?