Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Racouol wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    My personal nemesis is bananas. I was traumatized by a banana flavored antibiotic sirup as a child (3x a day for 14 days... I was gagging after the first day and hiding underneath my bed by the last). Since then I can't stomach them. I can force them down, but they won't stay down for very long.

I had something like that when I was a kid too! I remember pinching my nose and screwing my face up. I don't even know what that antibiotic was for. Oh God #memories

Having said that I like bananas and LOVE foam bananas (which are kind of close in taste to that syrup, just... not medicinal).

Lucky you. Banana's are actually an amazingly convenient food. It comes pre-packaged with an easily disposable wrapper, makes no mess (provided it doesn't get squished) and you can use it in a gazillion recipes. I keep on trying if maybe, just maybe I can manage them, but the wiring in my brain seems to have been permanently messed up by that stuff.

Maybe you can try a different type of banana. If you can get it, get an apple banana

I'm afraid that counts a specialty food around here and out of my price range. :disappointed:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    LAMB. *gags*
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    I don't like most seafood, most pork, most beef, mushrooms, capsicum, and avocado.

One exception with avocado and beef is when the avocado is made into guacamole and the beef is well spiced and in a burrito.
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Celery. Canned peas. Green olives but loooooove kalamata.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I hate onions...and I really, really hate red onions!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Lets see..
    Steak and and chunk meat
    Any kind of meat that isn't muscle
    Any kind of meat that isn't cooked in very few particular ways
    Bone in chicken, including wings and fried chicken
    Any part of the chicken that isn't breast
    Chicken with skin on...

You get the idea. I'm very particular about my meat.

I also don't like sweet potatoes and beets.

Everything else I either like, really like or don't mind. Other than meat I'm not a particularly picky eater.
  • SkyFerret
    SkyFerret Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cilantro, licorice, regular coffee, and the texture of fat or gristle in meat. Ick.

Also not much of a fan of chicken either. I'll eat it, but I don't really care for it and it has to be pretty heavily flavored to make putting in the effort worthwhile.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Kale
  • misscoastal
    misscoastal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Courgettes! Cannot stand them. Especially when they're cooking - even the smell makes me want to vom!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of most canned vegetables, they just seem to mushy and slimy to me. I'll eat pretty much anything though, if it's the only option. I'm a Boy Scout leader and sometimes at summer camp I have to eat things that I would normally never touch because if I don't eat it I'll end up starving the whole week. Last year it was creamed peas. Seriously, who decided creamed peas was a good vegetable to serve a bunch of teenage boys?
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I eat most things but just can't do black licorice or canned mushrooms.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Courgettes! Cannot stand them. Especially when they're cooking - even the smell makes me want to vom!

I need to look this up, I don't even know what that is
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Fish, mushrooms, courgette and squash.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Cooked spinach, corn, liver
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Kale
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »

Zucchini ;) and I love it dearly, especially stuffed with rice and ground beef in tomato sauce.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »

Zucchini ;) and I love it dearly, especially stuffed with rice and ground beef in tomato sauce.

*drool*
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, blue cheese, kidney, olives, lychees
  • SkyFerret
    SkyFerret Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of most canned vegetables, they just seem to mushy and slimy to me. I'll eat pretty much anything though, if it's the only option. I'm a Boy Scout leader and sometimes at summer camp I have to eat things that I would normally never touch because if I don't eat it I'll end up starving the whole week. Last year it was creamed peas. Seriously, who decided creamed peas was a good vegetable to serve a bunch of teenage boys?

I didn't even know creamed peas were a thing... But, probably someone who saw they could get a giant case of the things for cheap?
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    Ketchup.

Actually, my list is much longer than this because I'm a pretty picky eater...but ketchup takes the cake.