Most hated food

Options

Replies

• Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Italian. I HATE Italian food. I hate all pastas. I dont know why. I hated the taste and texture as a kid and I still do to this day. Cabbage, carrots and water chestnuts are also vile. I will break down and eat cooked carrots on RARE occasions.. same with cabbage. But I wont touch a water chestnut again. That made a colorful mess when I was a kid. I think it may have been an allergic reaction. And most breads. Im not a bread fan. I will eat a sandwhich but generally I get halfway through, pick out the middle, and toss the rest of the bread. I also hated bread as a kid.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I, omnivore.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. Vile.
  • SkyFerret
    SkyFerret Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Reaverie wrote: »
    Italian. I HATE Italian food. I hate all pastas. I dont know why. I hated the taste and texture as a kid and I still do to this day. Cabbage, carrots and water chestnuts are also vile. I will break down and eat cooked carrots on RARE occasions.. same with cabbage. But I wont touch a water chestnut again. That made a colorful mess when I was a kid. I think it may have been an allergic reaction. And most breads. Im not a bread fan. I will eat a sandwhich but generally I get halfway through, pick out the middle, and toss the rest of the bread. I also hated bread as a kid.

Oh man, I feel you on the colorful mess. I won't drink pink lemonade and am super touchy about Cheetos to this day because of a stomach flu as a kid. Nothing like trauma to make us humans shy away from a food forever.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I hated a lot of things as a kid that I later found out I like as an adult. So these are foods that I also tried as an adult and still hate.

Liver (not liverwurst, which is divine, but regular ordinary liver)
    Rutabaga
    Eggplant
    Canned vegetables (except for canned corn and tomatoes)
    Olives (but olive oil is da bomb, yum yum)
    Limburger cheese (sp?)
    Raw oysters
    Raw fish sushi (I like the veggie rolls just not the fish ones)
    Milk (I like dairy products like cheese, yogurt, ice cream...just can't stand drinking milk)
    Cottage cheese (solidified milk to me)
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and fishy fish.....vom! :D:s
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    faramelee wrote: »
    Mushrooms and fishy fish.....vom! :D:s

Oh yes, stinky fish really bugs me (except I can tolerate tuna). I only like really mild fish or salmon.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Foie gras, no matter how fancy the restaurant and how fancily cooked. It is a very expensive lesson to take two bites and say NOPE!!

I can eat pâté de foie gras all day long, however.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian so the obvious answer is meat, but I assume the point of this thread is hating a food that we have no objections to consuming otherwise (because of allergies, religious reasons, etc.).

So, mushrooms. I can't even touch them without shuddering. It's totally a texture thing. (Unfortunately, mushrooms abound in vegetarian entrees at restaurants.)

Also, not a fan of okra because of the sliminess, but that is not something I encounter often.

And, coffee. The smell makes me absolutely nauseous. (On the other hand, I will drink really strong, bitter, authentic, Chinese-style green tea, no problem.)

Anything smoked (don't care for canned chipotles, for example, or smoked mozzarella).

I don't like ketchup either, or sweet and sour tofu because the sauce reminds me of ketchup.

Not such a fan of raw tomatoes but will eat them if I must. (Cooked are fine.) Also not thrilled with eggplant that still has the skin (give me eggplant Parmesan or cooked Indian style and I am a fan). Also, the pith in oranges kind of makes me gag. I can eat clementines and mandarins, and do often, but can't just sit and peel a navel orange and eat it.
  • Braddlzz
    Braddlzz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bloody zucchini, I try and try and try to eat it but it's just so damn disgusting
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    SkyFerret wrote: »
    I won't drink pink lemonade and am super touchy about Cheetos to this day because of a stomach flu as a kid. Nothing like trauma to make us humans shy away from a food forever.

For me it is Pringles. Once my grandparents let me eat every bit of junk food I wanted, including an entire can of Pringles. It made me throw up. Never wanted to touch those since and it has been like 30 years.

• jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Coconut in many forms - don't like raw coconut or drinks made with coconut (coconut water, Frappuccinos with coconut milk, etc). HOWEVER, I absolutely love curries made with coconut milk. Go figure.

I also dislike black licorice.

I haven't ever tried liver or kidney, but I can't really bring myself to try them simply because of the name. It is just a little bit too...Hannibal Lector for me.

In the grand scheme of things, there are very few foods that I dislike. Perhaps that helps to explain why I'm using MFP?!?!?! :smile:
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I will eat MOST normal foods (I'm sure there are some weird exotic things out there I wouldn't touch). But I'm not a fan of:
    Blue cheese
    Olives
    spaghetti squash
    coffee
    oysters and clams
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Yogurt in all shapes and sizes unless it's super well hidden in Indian food. I can taste it pretty much everywhere else.
    Bananas.

Also zucchini. It just has a weird texture and a slightly off-putting taste. I can only eat it deep-fried, by why do that when you can deep-fry cheese?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I will try anything and like most things, and most things I say I don't like are really just that I don't particularly care for them/don't desire to eat them ever (like cold cereal - blah, but if I were hungry and there was nothing else to eat I wouldn't have a problem). I also particularly like most fish, even tinned herring and sardines.

But for some reason canned tuna makes me want to hurl. Can't imagine taking a bite, don't even love being around people eating it (although I obviously don't say that -- my sister knows, though, and will accuse me of making a face if she eats it around me, even if I am not). I'm also not wild about mayo (don't truly hate it, though, and like some chicken salads made with it, especially if I make it myself), so even worse than canned tuna is tuna mixed with mayo.

I realize most people find this weird.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oh, also, cream of mushroom soup. I blame being a kid in the 70s and 80s and people making all those casseroles with it. Even back then I thought it was mean to do that to perfectly good turkey, or whatever it was, and for ages I thought I hated mushooms. Now I know I love mushrooms. ;-)
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    hot dogs, black licorice, cilantro, chocolate ice cream, pumpkin pie. I also don't eat salads because I don't like eating cold food.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Chicken with skin on...

Say whhhhaaaaaat. I will happily take the skin and eat it, all crispy and moist...

"One of the most sacred moments in anyone's life is one in which there is anticipation and/or ingestion of chicken skin. When you are holding that paper-thin flap of greasy yet crispy integument, nothing else matters. Chicken skin could stop war. Well, it could at least delay war by about 15 seconds. "
    - Hyperbole and a Half

It's the wrong kind of greasy... same reason I hate bacon. Now Chicken Kiev? That's the right kind of greasy!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Chicken with skin on...

Say whhhhaaaaaat. I will happily take the skin and eat it, all crispy and moist...

"One of the most sacred moments in anyone's life is one in which there is anticipation and/or ingestion of chicken skin. When you are holding that paper-thin flap of greasy yet crispy integument, nothing else matters. Chicken skin could stop war. Well, it could at least delay war by about 15 seconds. "
    - Hyperbole and a Half

same reason I hate bacon.

I've heard it all now............