13»

Replies

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    BHFF wrote: »
    timmster97 wrote: »
    I've been reading a lot about how in the pre-roid era, the body builders would do full body workouts. I'm curious if anyone has had experience doing full body routines, and if so, are they good for building strength and muscle? Thanks in advance!

Lets set the record straight. You can gain muscle riding your bicycle! As long as you are breaking down and tearing the muscle and are eating properly to get that muscle to rebuild itself, you will gain muscle. Yes a full body workout can put muscle onto you. Riding a bike can put muscle onto you. The real question is, what are your goals.
    Not entirely true. If the resistance is the same day after day, muscle isn't being built, just maintained.
    Building muscle requires progressive overload. By the analogy you speak of, walking should be able to build muscle if you just walk fast enough.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

@ninerbuff don't argue with the man! He has a YouTube Fitness Channel................

• timmster97
    timmster97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did full body last night, just compound exercises, and I liked it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I've been reading a lot about how in the pre-roid era, the body builders would do full body workouts. I'm curious if anyone has had experience doing full body routines, and if so, are they good for building strength and muscle? Thanks in advance!

Lets set the record straight. You can gain muscle riding your bicycle! As long as you are breaking down and tearing the muscle and are eating properly to get that muscle to rebuild itself, you will gain muscle. Yes a full body workout can put muscle onto you. Riding a bike can put muscle onto you. The real question is, what are your goals.
    Not entirely true. If the resistance is the same day after day, muscle isn't being built, just maintained.
    Building muscle requires progressive overload. By the analogy you speak of, walking should be able to build muscle if you just walk fast enough.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That is why I specifically stated "As long as you are breaking down and tearing the muscle" Walking would not do that clearly.
    So riding a bike (as you stated) will even if resistance is low intensity like walking? I mean, if the resistance is increase, then the load does so walking UPHILL would build some leg muscle to an extent same as riding a bike UP HILL.
    And it's not just about breaking up muscle. People get sore (break down of muscle) stretching. Or you can break up muscle doing push ups, but eventually that translates more to muscular endurance than hypertrophy.
    I don't think your analogy is concise when it comes to actual muscle building.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

@ninerbuff don't argue with the man! He has a YouTube Fitness Channel................
    Lol, so does Freelee and Durianrider. I guess it must be valid information....................... :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png