Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    @joshperson195
    Serious question. Are you trying to lose weight?

Just because I'm using MFP doesn't mean I'm trying to lose weight?

I know that. My sister is using it to try to gain weight.

But I ask again...are you trying to lose weight?

Your dodging of the question makes me suspect that you are.
    That's why we're concerned for you. Someone as underweight as you are should not feel compelled to lose even more weight. If you are in fact trying to lose weight, that is indeed evidence of either an eating disorder, body dysmorphia or both.

Please don't brush this off or disregard our concerns as judging you. We're not judging you. We are reaching out to you in compassion because we care and we want you to get the help that you need.

Currently at a healthy weight and maintaining. Appreciate the concern.

Josh, if your avatar picture is current I am concerned because you are very thin. If it is not, I encourage you to post a current photograph at your healthy weight.

Yes can you please tell us if your photo is current or not? If you consider your profile pic to be your "healthy weight" then you are mistaken.
    @joshperson195

That's why we're concerned for you. Someone as underweight as you are should not feel compelled to lose even more weight. If you are in fact trying to lose weight, that is indeed evidence of either an eating disorder, body dysmorphia or both.

Please don't brush this off or disregard our concerns as judging you. We're not judging you. We are reaching out to you in compassion because we care and we want you to get the help that you need.

Josh, if your avatar picture is current I am concerned because you are very thin. If it is not, I encourage you to post a current photograph at your healthy weight.

I have never revealed my weight, but I am in fact in a healthy weight range. My avatar is from last month. Regardless, I don't see how it's anyone's business but my own?

We are concerned because your ribs are showing, all of your collar bone is showing, your elbows are the widest part of your arm... that's generally signs that you are at too low of a body weight (both low fat percentage and low muscle mass) to be healthy long term. If it's sustainable and you are happy and healthy at this weight I would be surprised, but I guess it's none of our business. It's your life.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    @joshperson195

Yes can you please tell us if your photo is current or not? If you consider your profile pic to be your "healthy weight" then you are mistaken.
    @joshperson195

I have never revealed my weight, but I am in fact in a healthy weight range. My avatar is from last month. Regardless, I don't see how it's anyone's business but my own?

But, Josh, you are talking about being terrified of carbs here, talked elsewhere about not wanting any rest days from exercise, and you are very thin. Certainly, it is your business but you are on here sharing with us, which opens the door for us to comment. Lots of people are voicing concern.