The taste of Green Tea **frowns**

Options
I honestly only drink it for health benefits.And I know I'm NOT the only one :p.

Replies

• rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think its a taste you have to get used to. I add a little sweetner to it and it taste so much better :)
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Never force yourself to eat or drink anything you don't like!

But if you really want to keep drinking it, have you tried different varieties of it? Like Matcha (It come in powder, you can make smoothies, add it to protein shakes and ever make lattes out of it, it's delicious!)

http://www.davidstea.com/matcha-matsu-en
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I used to only like it if it had honey in it or blended with jasmine or something. Then I discovered the zen green tea from Starbucks (it has peppermint and lemongrass in it). I drink that iced with no sweetener or extra water usually twice a day. Love it!
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have one everyday from Starbucks-unsweetened and no extra water added. I drink a tiny bit off the top and I mix in about 3 -4 tablespoons of Paul Newman pink lemonade and I find it delicious. Give that a try and see if it makes a difference for you.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I honestly only drink it for health benefits.And I know I'm NOT the only one :p.

Yeah, I don't like it either. I put green tea and black tea in my cup to make it taste good. Both have health benefits, so win-win.
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love some green teas (all brands taste slightly different) and I add 1 tsp of local honey - Yumm!

But ClassickQC is right - don't force yourself to drink it if you hate it. I have read that you need to drink 4 green teas a day to reap it's health benefits, and that's alot of tea if you hate it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Exactly what health benefits do you speak of? Anything you can get with green tea you can get elsewhere...it's not a magical potion. If you don't like it, don't drink it. FYI, it does zip for weight loss if that's what you're thinking. If it helped you lose weight I'd be about a buck 35 right now.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YUM ,, I LOVE IT!
    add vodka and whiskey,
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Exactly what health benefits do you speak of? Anything you can get with green tea you can get elsewhere...it's not a magical potion. If you don't like it, don't drink it. FYI, it does zip for weight loss if that's what you're thinking. If it helped you lose weight I'd be about a buck 35 right now.
    +1
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Republic of Tea has some great green tea varieties. I've been drinking the orange spice one and it's really good.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I know what you mean. I used to only like it if it had honey in it or blended with jasmine or something. Then I discovered the zen green tea from Starbucks (it has peppermint and lemongrass in it). I drink that iced with no sweetener or extra water usually twice a day. Love it!

I do agree, Tazo Zen Tea is amazing. Although you can buy it in the store instead of going to Starbucks, much cheaper. One sweetener and I love it, I had to get used to the taste without sugar. No calories, its not like your wasting your calories if you dislike it.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I hate tea. HOWEVER. I spitz a little Mio lemonade flavor in to it, and it changes the whole taste around. :) Just enough to add a teeny bit of flavor/sweetness and so it isn't so dry. :) Hope this helps! :D
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    Im Not drinking It for Dramatic weight loss,Duh..If you don't know the health reasons.GOOGLE Them..I'll get used to it Like I got used to drinking Rooibos tea with Only Lemon.No sugar,No Honey.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Im Not drinking It for Dramatic weight loss,Duh..If you don't know the health reasons.GOOGLE Them..I'll get used to it Like I got used to drinking Rooibos tea with Only Lemon.No sugar,No Honey.

Green tea is mainly known for it's high content of Antioxidants which you can get from many other things
    I think it's what they meant :)

Also, AFAK, won't help much with weight loss. I think it's an appetite suppressant but that's pretty much why it's said it helps with weight loss. Cals in vs cals out will do the same thing in the end =P
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You might be overbrewing it, is it the bitterness or the actual flavour that bothers you?
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I work at Starbucks and I know some people mix it with the Passion Tea to give it a fruity taste. I just switched to Green Tea from Black Tea @ Starbucks and I can't get enough of it
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with another tea, like Early Grey or Chai. I hate the taste of green tea by itself. Yuck!! A drop of honey helps, too.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I find green tea delicious! I find that buying good quality loose leaf, makes all the difference in the world.
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options

The tea supplier for Starbucks is a company called Tazo http://www.tazo.com/ and they sell some AMAZING flavors that the 'bux doesn't cary. If you love tea check it out, I love them!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I know the health benefits...do you know you can get those same benefits elsewhere?...it's not a magic potion...if you don't like it don't drink it...if you continue to drink it stop *****ing about it. Pretty simple...