goal weight

I've been debating my GW for sometime, it used to be 54kgs but now I want to be 41kgs. I do want to know if that is a good enough goal weight for me. I used to think i couldnt be a healthy weight because of my frame structure but seeing people with the same structure be smaller I feel I can do it as well.

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    That's the kind of question that only you can answer. I'm of the mind that as long as your goal weight puts you in a healthy BMI range and you're happy with how you look at that weight, you're fine.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    41 kg is really small. How tall are you?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Unless you're well under 5' tall, that would not be a good weight.

This.

41 kg is 90 pounds and that would barely be in the healthy BMI range for 4' 10".
  • humpbackgirl
    humpbackgirl Posts: 63 Member
    I'm 154cms. I only asked because I always srugged with goals and such
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2017

Then 41 kg is a BMI of 17.3. That's too low.

If you really want to go lower than 54 kg, you could aim for 50 kg (a much more realistic/healthy BMI of 21.1)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member

That would leave you at a BMI of 17.29. That's almost dangerously too low.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Here's a BMI calculator that you can use to play with the numbers:

Calculate your BMI

Your original goal of 54 kg puts you at a BMI of 22.5. That would put you well within the normal range.
  • Australorp
    Australorp Posts: 23 Member
    8iyopmnj12oc.png

Hmmmm...
  • humpbackgirl
    I saw this as well and was wondering as well
    tumblr_mfq5mgTQ9W1rg0n6mo1_500.jpg
  • humpbackgirl
    I see. Thank you for clearing :)
  • stationlouisa
    stationlouisa Posts: 150 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am almost the same height as you 152cm, My goal weight is 50kg, knowing that I will probably put on a few kg when I stop trying to lose weight. I have been this weight before. Anything between 51 and 56kg is good on my body, 53kg is a perfect weight/look for me. No excess flab/fat. Just need to tone up. Can buy clothes straight off the rack without trying them on. I definetely wouldnt go below 48kg. The World Health Organisation recommended healthy BMI range is 18.5 -25 for both men and woman. BMI = weight divided by your height squared eg. 53kg divided by (152cm X 152cm) 2.31 =BMI 22.9
  • GrowingGlow
    GrowingGlow Posts: 10 Member
    Hahahaaa those weights are way off! I'm 5'3 and weigh close to 130lbs with a rocking in shape figure. Please please get out of that mindset! GW are deceiving as someone my same height could genetically be thinner and weigh less. It's like trying to change the shape of your face, you just can't do it without plastic surgery. Haven't you seen anorexic or bulimic girls? I've seen enough that get terrible looking skin that is discolored, and saggy in spots. They're weak and often develop serious health problems. Their minds are consumed with thoughts of being thin. They don't glow, and when their bones show it's pretty gross. In my opinion, your goals should be eating healthier and correctly, loosing more body fat, becoming stronger, and increasing your endurance. These things will give you an amazing body no matter your shape and genetics. You'll be happier seeing your body tone up and glow versus the weight drop on a scale.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,493 Member
    I saw this as well and was wondering as well
    tumblr_mfq5mgTQ9W1rg0n6mo1_500.jpg

That chart is ridiculous! It has my height/weight at anorexic levels for both good and perfect..

Mine too!

I've been the weight it calls "good" and that was too low ... someone would have hospitalised me if I had ever dropped to the weight it calls "perfect".

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,493 Member
    OP ... use a proper BMI calculator.

At your height, this one says: "Your suggested healthy weight range 44 - 59kg". Aim for something in the middle of that range.

https://heartfoundation.org.au/your-heart/know-your-risks/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I'm 155cm and maintain between 45-47kg. (5'1- 100-105lbs) (5'1 7-7.5stones), numbers conversion estimated.

That is at the low end of a healthy BMR.

What you have to look at, as well as being in a healthy weight range, is what is maintainable for you. The lower your weight is; the less calories you have to eat.
    Aim for a healthy weight within your mid range BMI then adjust from there.

Add a little weight lifting in 3x a week to retain muscle and bone mass and help resculpt your body.

Cheers, h.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Holy kittens - whoever made that chart is insane. Those weights are dangerously low.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    @humpbackgirl You're a fan of Eugenia Cooney, right? Did you find that chart on a site such as hers?