Food search not working

I can't search for foods. The only foods I can search for are from my history.

Help! What's worse is I paid for the premium version.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Have you scrolled to the bottom of the page and tapped the [Search all foods for "xxx"] link? Or, do you have a search button on the keypad to tap to initiate a search of the database?
  • tennant1223
    tennant1223 Posts: 1 Member
    My food search is not working. I have a search button on the keypad and I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have previously used this app and loved it but now I am frustrated.
  • dpach1
    dpach1 Posts: 2 Member
    Mine is down also. Says it is in off line mode. Both android and apple and after uninstalling and reinstalling. Any fix yet?
  • Whippet18
    Whippet18 Posts: 1 Member
    I am also experiencing the same issue having deleted and reinstalled app on iPhone 7 Plus. Says operating in offline mode. Frustrating!
  • seancoleran
    seancoleran Posts: 1 Member
    Had been able to search foods before, had this app for a while, but I unable to do so now with an iPhone 5C. Tells me I'm in "offline mode"
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This is a known issue that MFP is working on.
  • AntFella
    AntFella Posts: 1 Member
    I am having the same issue on an apple IPhone 6plus. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and purchased premium mode. This worked for the last 2 weeks until today when I tried to search for a food while out and there was no WiFi. Since then it has not worked. Antony
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    AntFella wrote: »
    I am having the same issue on an apple IPhone 6plus. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and purchased premium mode. This worked for the last 2 weeks until today when I tried to search for a food while out and there was no WiFi. Since then it has not worked. Antony

I would imagine everyone is having this issue right now as it's a known issue that MFP has posted about (on the"Help" page) and says they are trying to resolve.
  • CyberTone
    It is a known issue right now. Please see the article on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2913315-food-search-is-unavailable
  • Jesscabearr
    Jesscabearr Posts: 1 Member
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one. The web version seemed to work for me
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Yep I discovered this too - thought it was my internet connection. Works fine on the web.
  • HeatherLynne0612
    HeatherLynne0612 Posts: 1 Member
    Is this still an issue? I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge and just downloaded and started this app yesterday (4/29/18) and I am unable to search for foods, only ones I have entered. I do not even see a "Search" button. I just get "No Results Found" with a "Create a Food" button. Realized this morning if I use my computer I can search all food. Any suggestions?
  • CyberTone
    Is this still an issue? I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge and just downloaded and started this app yesterday (4/29/18) and I am unable to search for foods, only ones I have entered. I do not even see a "Search" button. I just get "No Results Found" with a "Create a Food" button. Realized this morning if I use my computer I can search all food. Any suggestions?

On the mobile app, scroll to the bottom of the Recent list and there will be a link to search the MyFitnessPal database. There should also be a search icon (magnifying glass) on the screen or the pop-up keyboard.
  • Jaz661234
    Jaz661234 Posts: 1 Member
    I am having this same problem, any fixes please? Super frustrating as I’ve upgraded to the premium too. Using an iPhone 6s, have uninstalled and reinstalled from App Store and restarted phone. Clicking the magnifying glass does nothing, and I don’t have a link to the database when I scroll down the page as mentioned above...
  • KED211
    KED211 Posts: 1 Member
    I am having this issue as well. There is no link to search MFP database at the bottom of the recent list. Also no search bar in the keyboard. Can’t search foods at all on my iPhone7 or my iPad. Only gives me what’s in my history.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    @KED211 you may wish to start a thread in MFP Suggestions/Feedback or create a ticket with tech support.

FYI, I'm not having an issues with desktop.
  • jchins
    jchins Posts: 1 Member
    Help, food search not working. Used to work. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.
  • Drakie2000
    Drakie2000 Posts: 1 Member
    I have also just paid for the upgrade to find that I can not search. It keeps reporting network error and to try again
  • Bigrax
    Bigrax Posts: 1 Member
    Issues on Iphone and Web. I’m searching grilled chicken 🤦🏽‍♂️

How do you raise a ticket?

Also my app says ‘offline’ mode when searching sometimes while all connectivity is fine.
  • missrachelhulme
    missrachelhulme Posts: 1 Member
    Arg I have been having issues all morning too! on both Android app and Desktop :(