Food search not working

Replies

• rtanfielduk7271
    rtanfielduk7271 Posts: 2 Member
    Do MFP have an actual timeline for when they think this will be repaired??
  • pablon18
    pablon18 Posts: 1 Member
    Having the same issue here!
  • Kmolitor2
    Kmolitor2 Posts: 1 Member
    I am having the same problem. Looks like it was a problem last January, too!
  • rpsousae
    rpsousae Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Same problem with iphone 7s and Windows 10/Google Chrome. It is an intermittent problem. Works just sometime.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    It doesn't even work on the web on the desktop anymore. So annoying.
  • MishMashMisha
    MishMashMisha Posts: 39 Member
    Same issue. On mobile it doesn't work at all, but on my computer I find that if you just hit search a couple of times it does eventually work, YMMV.
  • lizzieanne2002
    lizzieanne2002 Posts: 97 Member
    Laptop working but phone not working
  • decaturcindy
    decaturcindy Posts: 5 Member
    This is seriously super annoying. I can't get it to work on my phone or laptop.
  • libertarian4321
    libertarian4321 Posts: 17 Member
    Is MFP trying to go out of business? It's pretty useless without this feature.

It worked well for years, now they've "fixed" it so that it doesn't work at all?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Is MFP trying to go out of business? It's pretty useless without this feature.

It worked well for years, now they've "fixed" it so that it doesn't work at all?

Servers crashed due to January volume. They're working on it.

Can't wait for February.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @KED211 you may wish to start a thread in MFP Suggestions/Feedback or create a ticket with tech support.

FYI, I'm not having an issues with desktop.

I'm on a desktop and it's not working for me today.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    It's the first week of January - so yeah the servers are probably on overload.. there's a reason this zombie thread almost exclusively keeps getting bumped up the 1st of January. They know - they're working on it (well- if I had to guess probably a mix of adding capability and waiting out the weakest batch or 2 of resolutioners).
  • juliadaniels1981
    juliadaniels1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Is there any resolution to this yet? I’m still experiencing this problem and I’m ready to delete this app! So frustrating! 😤
  • MrPositive2014
    MrPositive2014 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2020
    As far as I can tell, searching the database for food only works if you have a WiFi connection on your phone. All other types of connections, IT WON'T WORK. I HATE this. But it's been like that for a couple of years now. Long ago I could search with any type of connection, but either they changed it or it changed on itself. It sucks!
  • futuregunshow
    futuregunshow Posts: 2 Member
    New year same annual problem. The food database is not searchable.
  • kathleen8253
    kathleen8253 Posts: 2 Member
    The food database is searchable, but you can't post the result on your meal, it just doesn't do anything. This appears to be a problem when using Avast Secure Browser.
  • loder77
    loder77 Posts: 1 Member
    my food search is not working and hasnt for awhile now i am going to have to switch to a different app.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    loder77 wrote: »
    my food search is not working and hasnt for awhile now i am going to have to switch to a different app.

Have you contacted tech support? https://www.myfitnesspal.com/contact-us

It's working for me in my iphone.

86pk6j5f61sc.png

And browser.
  • cosmicriver711
    cosmicriver711 Posts: 1 Member
    It's 2023 now and now this issue has came about again. I can't search foods on the app. It blanks out and makes it very frustrating to keep track of things. How can I resolve this issue? Hopefully someone knows by now.