Low Carb Diet mandatory

Hello, everyone.. i'm stepping out of my shell to ask for your support after getting my lab results back yesterday with a warning from me doctor to her on a low carb diet asap now that me glucose levels were too high. I have 3 weeks before my next labs so I need your help with recipes!

Replies

• mrsredbone1
    mrsredbone1 Posts: 4 Member
    Sorry about the typos...

I'm stepping out of my shell to ask for your support after getting my lab results back yesterday with a warning from my doctor to get on a low carb diet asap now that my glucose levels are too high. I have 3 weeks before my next labs so I need your help with recipes!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    The Low Carber Daily MFP group can help you more with that. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution (book) will help too.

Start with meats, eggs, seafood, nuts, seeds, coconut, avocado, olives and veggies. Avoiding sugars a nd grains (flour) will go a long way to lowering BG. Exercise can help too.

Another idea is to buy a blood glucose monitor. This will tell you what meat or foods elevate your BG so you can avoid it in the future.
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm doing no carbs because that's my addiction and what makes me fat.... so I get all my recipes from Pinterest. Just put "no carb meals" and it will make your day lol just because we are eating no carbs, doesn't mean we can't make super delicious food
  • Libellue23
    Libellue23 Posts: 76 Member
    Basically yeah Google search the recipe you wanna make with low carb in the search.
    How many carbs are you gonna be doing a day?