Paleo & AIP & Keto!!

Options
I have been Paleo since Jan2014, then went AIP for all of 2016. Managed to put my autoimmune (SLE) into remission and off all meds. So nowI am doing a mindful, whole food based, nutrient dense version of AIP KETO. Anyone else doing something similar?

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I have been doing AIP since May 2016 for my Crohn's. I eat everything cooked, including fruits and vegetables, and am low carb (not keto). I am seeing significant improvement except I just need to gain weight lol. Just curious, why are you combining both AIP and Keto? Is it very restrictive - forgive me, I know this is an annoying question, but I truly want to know how people do this!
  • bluebeltwo
    bluebeltwo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been in remission for a year and I wanted that extra level of deeper healing. And I have always felt worse when consuming carbs and starch and felt much better on fats and protein. So it's an individual thing I think. A personal test to see if that last bit of inflammation (I have very little now but still there) will go completely. Does that make sense? Also, I was able to add back some foods to AIP such as dairy (preferably raw) and coffee without adverse effects. So now I am trying to add back eggs. So my Keto will be AIP with some happy reintroductions!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Lots of keto'er in the LCD group. More than a few who are paleo, primal or managing AI disorders. Come join us. :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Oh good! I know what you mean by a little inflammation...there's so much trial and error involved even within the Aip. I have eaten eggs in a pinch a few times (hospitals don't give you a lot of options) but I am going to wait a few weeks to officially reintroduce them to make sure.
  • bluebeltwo
    Options
    I have been off eggs for a whole year and just added one yolk back last week. This week 2 yolks. Now I wait and see. So far no reaction! Yay!
  • bluebeltwo
    Options
    @nvmomketo I joined the group! I'm still trying to figure out how to add like minded MFP'ers as friends though... need to figure this all out!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    bluebeltwo wrote: »
    @nvmomketo I joined the group! I'm still trying to figure out how to add like minded MFP'ers as friends though... need to figure this all out!

Good. They're a nice group of people. :)

I believe if you click on their picture/avatar it will lead you to how to add friends.
  • bluebeltwo
    Options
    Ok! Thank you!