What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• AmyJoShanks
    AmyJoShanks Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ran UP the ramp at the train station to just catch the train as the doors were closing.
    6 months ago I would of said "F... it, I'll wait for the next one" and then been later home missing out on my kids before they go to bed.

THAT, my friend, is a wonderful NSV...not just for you, but for your kids. Good on ya! :drinker:
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER been a runner (partly because of asthma-partly because I always give up) but yesterday I ran a half a mile without stopping. :-) This was after my weight lifting workout. I am determined to become a runner!
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight over the past year, and my goal has now switched from losing fat to gaining muscle. so this week I took my "before lifting" photos of my different muscle groups. And my NSV was that I actually had some muscles already! ha. I really loved the way my back looked. It really pumped me up to look at it and be pleased. I can only imagine how happy I will be in a few months :) woohoo!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Great job! Took me a month to be able to run a full mile without stopping--my first time I could only run 0.2 miles (to the end of the cul-de-sac).
    I have NEVER been a runner (partly because of asthma-partly because I always give up) but yesterday I ran a half a mile without stopping. :-) This was after my weight lifting workout. I am determined to become a runner!
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've trashed all of my granny panties.

That's one of my non-scale goals. Ratty, ugly undies (and bra) into the trash. Shopping spree at... I don't even know. Where do small women buy cute underthings?

It's all about Victoria's Secret girl. Their bras and panties are amazing! And you feel so sexy in them.
  • pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to get back in the swing of things, so my NSVs are pretty minor...
    1.) Made it through 10 days without soda
    2.) No fast food in 10 days (and I really don't miss it)
    3.) Started to incorporate exercise - walked last night, this morning, and just got back from another, albeit short, walk

Can't wait to start having some of the major NSVs taht you are all having. I know it'll come with time :smile:
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 mile run that finished in the London Olympic Stadium with 20,000 cheering spectators including my closest friends. Not a lot of things in this world will EVER top that experience for me considering that back in December I could not have even walked 5 miles! Fantastic!
  • granitendirt
    Options
    I'm just starting to get back in the swing of things, so my NSVs are pretty minor...
    1.) Made it through 10 days without soda
    2.) No fast food in 10 days (and I really don't miss it)
    3.) Started to incorporate exercise - walked last night, this morning, and just got back from another, albeit short, walk

Can't wait to start having some of the major NSVs taht you are all having. I know it'll come with time :smile:

That's how it starts - changes like the ones your are making :) I wouldn't consider those minor at all!
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Classmate saw me at the grocery store and said "Holy crap you are looking so skinny" Hey, I'm not skinny but that means I am a lot smaller since the end of school!
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've trashed all of my granny panties.

That's one of my non-scale goals. Ratty, ugly undies (and bra) into the trash. Shopping spree at... I don't even know. Where do small women buy cute underthings?

It's all about Victoria's Secret girl. Their bras and panties are amazing! And you feel so sexy in them.
    Oh I agree they have the best cute and high quality bras and undies.
  • t4eaed
    t4eaed Posts: 25
    Options
    I've had several NSV's in the last 4 weeks. I had a baby on June 19th and every person that has seen me since then has said that I don't even look like I just had a baby.
    I expect to hear great things like that from family, but I've had complete strangers ask me how old my baby is and when I tell them, they look at me and don't believe that I'm the one that just had the baby! I took my son to his doctor appointment and a lady on the elevator said "wow! you look great for just having a baby!!!"
    I've lost the 25 pounds I gained and an additional 4 pounds so far and have fit into my prepregnancy jeans since about 2 weeks post partum.
    All I can say is that I got really LUCKY this time because when I had my daughter 2 years ago I was wearing maternity clothes until 9 months AFTER I had her. I haven't done anything different other than this time I am chasing after a 2 year old all day instead of putting my feet up to relax when I'm tired!
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Managed to fit into a tailor-made pencil skirt which was too tight around the butt area when I got it last year!
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I could fit into a pair of shorts that were way too tight when I tried them on 3 weeks ago from today! Such a great feeling of success!
  • MusicBizMom
    MusicBizMom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Passed up pizza yesterday...passed up brownies today...zipped up my skirt withOUT sucking my stomach in...Go me.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I went to a meeting. Usually I'd have to make sure I got a chair without arms so my *kitten* would fit into the chair. Today I went to a meeting and I fit in EVERY chair regardless of arms or not. Win!
  • MusicBizMom
    MusicBizMom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome!
  • deemar54
    deemar54 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not this week, but two weeks ago I bought size 12 pants from the JUNIOR section to wear to a calling hours. I also bought a shirt from Old Navy in a size L for same said calling hours, and a blazer in size M. This is from 16/18 or even size 20 pants and XL/XXL shirts. It was an AWESOME feeling. I actually yelled out in the dressing room "THEY FIT!!" when those darn pants zipped, and of course I had to buy them...

This week, the cleaning lady at my work told me that I am looking so good and an officer (I'm a police dispatcher) pulled me out into the kitchen to ask if I was losing weight. These are the kind of things that make me keep going.
  • chelc1105
    chelc1105 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1. I don't see my husband very often (weird i know), he works swing shift (4pm - 12am) and i work days (7am - 4pm)... He woke up early with me for the first time since i have been working out, looked at my stomach and said you are getting skinny!!! He told me he needs to watch out or i will leave him for someone more suited for me! Hah! Win!

2. a coworker said i am looking skinnier and asked if i would go with her clothes shopping, she told me everything is starting to look too big on me :)

3. Also - another coworker said i am looking thinner - she stopped me in the middle of the lunch room in front of a bunch of people - a few people asked me how i was doing it

This week has been good :)
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    1. Bought a pair of exercise pants on sale -I didnt think they would FIT but they DID!
    2. A co worker saw me in the hall and whispered are you losing weight? I smiled and said yes. she replied you look great! I
    smiled and said thank you!
    3. Another person made the comment you look like you are losing weight.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    1. I ran a mile without stopping!!! It's not much, but it's a start!!
    2. Realized today I can go down a size in shirts
    3. My scrub pants are getting very baggy!

That might not be much to a marathon runner, but to those of us who can't run a minute without feeling like death that's a great feat! Congrats! I can't wait until my scrubs get baggy instead of tight some days and kinda fitting others. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!