What NSV did you have this week?

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Went to pick up a sports bra and they didn't have an XL, so I took an L totally expecting to have to return it..... it fits! I've never bought anything in my life that was an L :noway:
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Went to the eye doctor yesterday (I know the doc from Pilates class), but had not seen her since the beginning of the year. She went on and on about how great I looked and wanted to know how much weight I had lost. Funny thing is that I have lost very little amount of weight but have lost quite a few inches!!!! Especially in my mid-section!!!

I floated all the way home!!!!

P.S. Also super pumped that my almost 60 year old eyes were in great shape and I didn't need glasses!!!!
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    1. Have maintained my weight loss over the past month.
    2. For the last two times I went to work I didn't eat everything I could.
    3. Am going back to clocking roughly 10,000 steps per day on my fitbit.
    4. Am able to resist temptations better.
    5. Work clothes seem less tight.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I sat on a barstool and my behind actually fit.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Moved from the 3rd to the 4th hole in on my belt (size small from Evans) and realized my XL tshirts look big and sloppy on me.
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Got to day 24 of Insanity. I did it once before and got to Day 23 and had to stop as my best friend needed my support 24/7. So this is now territory for me.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I did 5 press ups this morning- have only been able to do 3 up to now! Yay!
    My size 12 t-shirt is baggy on me,
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Stood on the scales and the %body fat was less than 30% ! It was only 29.3% but I'll take that!

Well done for all MFP'rs and you NSV's!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm getting contacts! Now, this may not seem like a weight-related NSV, but it is, and here's why: I finally feel like my face is not "too fat" for contacts - my eyes are no longer deep set and tiny looking over pudgy cheeks and heavy brow line, my face has thinned out to the point where I don't feel self-conscious about it! I don't "have to" hide behind my glasses anymore!
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I've just read all 17 pages of this thread.

What an awesome bunch has gathered here - makes my NSV seem insignificant so to all you gals 'n guys out there

VERY WELL DONE YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

keep them coming they will serve as inspiration for all to follow
  • tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am able to increase my weights and duration of activity!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I got size 12 jeans for "when they fit" and tried them on for fun and they fit! I ordered 10's for "when they fit"...LOL!!!
  • asheserin
    asheserin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone!

I went thrifting with a (skinny and super fashionable) friend last night. I NEVER find anything that fits me when I thrift/vintage shop so I would always wind up getting accessories only. My friend kept holding up things I KNEW wouldn't fit - skirts in size 12 and even a 10, a size 12 blazer, small-looking larges. My size 14 and 16 work clothes WERE getting baggy, though, so I said what the heck, I'll try. And they ALL fit. ALL of them. I couldn't believe it! I'm super tall so hoping to be a solid size 10 when I hit my goal. Now I have a small "in progress" wardrobe, and it's fashionista approved to boot -- and all for less than the retail cost of ONE of the skirts I bought.
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    signed back up at the gym and finally agreed to go to the free fitness assessment with a trainer to make a plan for when i go to the gym... i kind of got bullied into it when i showed up at the gym but i'm excited to have a better focus when i'm there!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite favorite favorite shirts has been a bit big all summer, but I've been wearing it anyway because I love it. I tried to wear it today and decided that it just looked too ridiculous. I'm sort of sad. I'm going to turn it into a sleep-shirt or wear-around-the-house-shirt, cuz I'm just not ready to let it go, lol. But I certainly can't wear it to work!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I did 3 pull-ups at the park with my kids!!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Lying in bed the other night my hand brushed over my side and I said "oh no! There is a hard lump on my side!" My husband felt it and said, "That is a hip bone". Duh. I haven't felt one of those in a long time.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Zipped up and buckled my old size 10 jeans!, though my muffin top prevents me from wearing them just *yet*. I really only was trying them on as a goof, I didn't expect them to actually fit(ish) :bigsmile:

Last winter I couldn't tug them up over my thighs :sick:
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    Options

I went thrifting with a (skinny and super fashionable) friend last night. I NEVER find anything that fits me when I thrift/vintage shop so I would always wind up getting accessories only. My friend kept holding up things I KNEW wouldn't fit - skirts in size 12 and even a 10, a size 12 blazer, small-looking larges. My size 14 and 16 work clothes WERE getting baggy, though, so I said what the heck, I'll try. And they ALL fit. ALL of them. I couldn't believe it! I'm super tall so hoping to be a solid size 10 when I hit my goal. Now I have a small "in progress" wardrobe, and it's fashionista approved to boot -- and all for less than the retail cost of ONE of the skirts I bought.

Ha ha - Love your post! I know what vintage shopping is like when nothing fits.

Worth the hard work - good on ya!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!