Apple Cider Vinegar (and pulled pork)

Options
13»

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    hlgpd8pfcvb0.jpg
    Lol. Smoking Pork ribs as we speak. Making homemade macaroni salad with some ACV.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    hlgpd8pfcvb0.jpg
    Lol. Smoking Pork ribs as we speak. Making homemade macaroni salad with some ACV.

Oh man, that looks good! You're in CA, right? Like, I could potentially be over in a couple of hours. You know...in case you need help cleaning dishes and whatnot. ;)
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    hlgpd8pfcvb0.jpg

Oh man, that looks good! You're in CA, right? Like, I could potentially be over in a couple of hours. You know...in case you need help cleaning dishes and whatnot. ;)

Yep! Come on down! Couple of brews in the cooler, sitting pool-side and the weather is great today!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I love this post!

:blush:
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Now sprinkle some lemon water and green tea on it, for extra weight loss benefit.

Add some garcinia cambogia to the BBQ sauce and you'll hit your goal weight in no time! :D
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    So, @AnvilHead and I were discussing sushi and the idea of a pulled pork hand roll came up. And now it's all I can think about. Rice, pulled pork (or kalua pig), with pickled daikon or tsukemono, with either eel sauce, spicy BBQ sauce or Sriracha, wrapped in nori.

Thoughts on this admittedly brilliant idea? :#

You already know my thoughts on it. IN!!! If I could find some kazunoko to put in there it would be awesome. Eel sauce would be awesome, but I could also like it with Sriracha and mayo, similar to a spicy scallop hand roll. I'm seriously going to try this next time I do a pork shoulder.

AnvilHead wrote: »
    I slow cook pork shoulders in my smoker (actually a kamado), using a dry rub and smoking over hickory and/or pecan wood. Sometimes I sauce them with a vinegar-based sauce, other times I'll use a thicker/sweeter Kansas City style sauce.

Here are two great vinegar-based Carolina BBQ sauce recipes from probably the greatest BBQ site on the web (he has a wealth of information and recipes, all free):

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/lexington_dip.html

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/east_carolina_BBQ_sauce.html

I tend to prefer either a KC or Texas style over a North Carolina style to for my bbq... kind of a sweet, smoky & hot VS vinegar but I do love to add the NC slaw. So basically I guess I'm an 'ol bbq hoe. ;)

I usually prefer a KC style sauce too (I make my own from a family recipe my dad handed down), but occasionally I'll do Carolina style just for a change of pace. Since we'll be eating pulled pork for a couple weeks after I smoke a couple shoulders, it's nice to mix it up a little bit, lol.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    You already know my thoughts on it. IN!!! If I could find some kazunoko to put in there it would be awesome. Eel sauce would be awesome, but I could also like it with Sriracha and mayo, similar to a spicy scallop hand roll. I'm seriously going to try this next time I do a pork shoulder.

Please post a photo when you do! I'll do the same, but I imagine you'll get to it before I do. ;)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Please post a photo when you do! I'll do the same, but I imagine you'll get to it before I do. ;)

Will do. I'm overdue for a good 'Q day.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    You and me both! I hate living in a building without grills. I was on my HOA's board for a couple of years and tried desperately to get communal grills approved. But for reasons I still can't explain, 51% of the residents voted against. It's maddening. Lol
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    You and me both! I hate living in a building without grills. I was on my HOA's board for a couple of years and tried desperately to get communal grills approved. But for reasons I still can't explain, 51% of the residents voted against. It's maddening. Lol

Oh boy
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I made pulled pork for dinner last night. First time in a long time! Don't have a smoker, so I did it in the crockpot with ACV, tomato, onion, honey garlic BBQ sauce, salt, pepper and fresh lemon, served on warm crusty buns with a big side salad.

It was heaven. <3
  • snickerscharlie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I would also be in for the pulled pork sushi pics.

You could market it as an Iowa Roll. :)
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    I would also be in for the pulled pork sushi pics.

You could market it as an Iowa Roll. :)

Now that's funny! :D

Glad to hear the ACV pulled pork was a hit! I won't have time to make pulled pork this week, but I think I'll stop by the Japanese market today and pick up some kalua pig and nori sheets. Photos forthcoming...
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    [/quote]

PS - I love how one of the Amazon photos shows the product being used to smoke a single scallop. Who eats just one scallop? :D [/quote]

Ha-ha. True. But I've seen them smoke entire trays of food, they just cover it with a cling wrap. I've always wanted to try one out, maybe I should run and buy a scallop?

PS. I couldn't stand it, after reading this thread my DH & I went out for a bbq lunch. No waiting! :p
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A smoke makes all the difference (LOL...I meant a smoker, but whatever you wish!). If you don't have a smoker, you could always add some chips to a foil ouch, pierce some holes then place that on the coals. I've also seen some use the pouch method in the oven to smoke ribs. Just make sure to soak the chips so that they will smoke and not burn.
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Now sprinkle some lemon water and green tea on it, for extra weight loss benefit.

Add some garcinia cambogia to the BBQ sauce and you'll hit your goal weight in no time! :D

And raspberry ketones! :laugh:
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    03nczbw3bm8h.jpg

...for Pulled Pork Sushi pics.