Ebooks VS Books

Options
2»

Replies

• Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have to second a coloring book. It would attract the sadistic.
    First off.. Eww. Im Goth and I wouldnt go for a book like that! (Though taxidermy a human corpse and we will see..)

Second.. Everyone is different. I could go either way. I LOVE my hard covers, but I rarely read them. I want them to stay nice. So I use the kindle app or adobe reader to read books. I dont have an app to open certain files so I convert them online to open up in adobe. You may get a bigger response from readers if you offered PDF WITH your EPUB.

Third.. If you DO do coloring books...make hard copy AND online version to upload into an art pad app! I would so buy that... Even with the words!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I like both. equally.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love paper books, and am sad that I'm quite sure that they are going away. I used to love wandering through a library or Barnes and Noble, but....

I only buy ebooks these days. Why?
    -Because I can have 15 queued up on my reader.
    -Most of my read time is on the treadmill these days (can't hold the book open, but the reader lies flat)
    -After I read the book, it just becomes more clutter in my house. << this is actually a big deal to me.
    -I have access to the book on two readers (one at home, one in my gym bag) and my phone. I can read anytime I am unexpectedly stuck waiting somewhere.

The only time I need paper these days is reading in the hot tub....which is why I still get some magazines on paper :)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    And btw, you can get a kindle app on any device. You don't actually need to own a kindle.

I personally am a Nook fan (I still want to support Barnes and Noble), but I have kindle apps on my ipad for some books only available on kindle.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am old school so I love real books. But why can't you do both?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am an avid reader and I never thought I would change to E books but I am definitely a convert. I love my kindle it affords me the chance to try unknown authors who are writing some really good and different books (like yourself perhaps) without it costing me too much. I have found some great reads for little or no cost.

If I do buy a book now it has to be by an author I already like as I don't want to spend £7 or so on a book I might not enjoy.

I am by no means and expert in any of this but I think publishing online gives you an incredibly wide audience however there is also huge amount of competition out there so getting your book to your audience will be key.

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I usually only read ebooks, but I NEVER look at the strictly e published books. I'm judgey and don't give them a chance. I'm sure a lot of them are great, but I'm a snob. That's my $.2 regarding wider appeal.