Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ebooks VS Books

2»

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Honestly, I love paper books, and am sad that I'm quite sure that they are going away. I used to love wandering through a library or Barnes and Noble, but....

I only buy ebooks these days. Why?
    -Because I can have 15 queued up on my reader.
    -Most of my read time is on the treadmill these days (can't hold the book open, but the reader lies flat)
    -After I read the book, it just becomes more clutter in my house. << this is actually a big deal to me.
    -I have access to the book on two readers (one at home, one in my gym bag) and my phone. I can read anytime I am unexpectedly stuck waiting somewhere.

The only time I need paper these days is reading in the hot tub....which is why I still get some magazines on paper :)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    And btw, you can get a kindle app on any device. You don't actually need to own a kindle.

I personally am a Nook fan (I still want to support Barnes and Noble), but I have kindle apps on my ipad for some books only available on kindle.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I am old school so I love real books. But why can't you do both?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    I am an avid reader and I never thought I would change to E books but I am definitely a convert. I love my kindle it affords me the chance to try unknown authors who are writing some really good and different books (like yourself perhaps) without it costing me too much. I have found some great reads for little or no cost.

If I do buy a book now it has to be by an author I already like as I don't want to spend £7 or so on a book I might not enjoy.

I am by no means and expert in any of this but I think publishing online gives you an incredibly wide audience however there is also huge amount of competition out there so getting your book to your audience will be key.

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    I usually only read ebooks, but I NEVER look at the strictly e published books. I'm judgey and don't give them a chance. I'm sure a lot of them are great, but I'm a snob. That's my $.2 regarding wider appeal.