Swimming or jogging , which is your favourite?

Options
Carlos0690
Carlos0690 Posts: 417 Member
Just interested to know what people prefer ?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have no access to a pool.. But I do run!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'd say jogging cause I'm not really a swimmer
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Swimming definitely. Tried jogging, hated it. Swimming is the best all round exercise you can get.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pool outside my door but I do have a street, so running. My shoulders bother me while swimming last time I tried it. If they didn't my sister (60) would force me to train for a full Ironman. She is training for her third one.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy swimming and I think if I could find a swimming group or something that could push me then it would be a great work out, but I have a hard time pushing myself in the pool. I can do laps all day and feel like I'm having a leisurely swim. I love running though and can and do push myself. I'm more comfortable running, don't necessarily have to wash my hair afterwards (have to if I swim) and it's quicker to get ready and finish without dealing with all the things related to swimming (swimsuit/cap/goggles/raccoon eyes/having to stop by the hot tub afterwards, lol).
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I prefer swimming but a jog on the beach isn't bad either !
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Swimming because the only thing I 'll run to is a peanut butter banana shake at the finish line.
  • Carlos0690
    Options
    I really enjoy swimming and I think if I could find a swimming group or something that could push me then it would be a great work out, but I have a hard time pushing myself in the pool. I can do laps all day and feel like I'm having a leisurely swim. I love running though and can and do push myself. I'm more comfortable running, don't necessarily have to wash my hair afterwards (have to if I swim) and it's quicker to get ready and finish without dealing with all the things related to swimming (swimsuit/cap/goggles/raccoon eyes/having to stop by the hot tub afterwards, lol).

Racoon eyes ?? Brilliant love that !
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew how to swim. I hate running but at least I can do that.
  • Carlos0690
    Options
    TommyW45 wrote: »
    I prefer swimming but a jog on the beach isn't bad either !

Totally agree !
  • Infinitejest01
    Infinitejest01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    front squats
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Racoon eyes ?? Brilliant love that !

It's a real issue when I have to go to work right after my workouts, lol.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Swimming, hands down. I hate running for anything. I'll rarely even run for a bus! I'd likely be the first to be eaten in the zombie apocalypse.
  • Carlos0690
    Options
    Swimming, hands down. I hate running for anything. I'll rarely even run for a bus! I'd likely be the first to be eaten in the zombie apocalypse.

Haha great answer ! Don't think zombies can swim so you'll be OK :)
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Swimming for sure, still hate jumping into the pool though
  • ChrissyDomer
    ChrissyDomer Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Swimming, less impact on the girls lol
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Swimming. No contest.
  • GrahamUK72
    GrahamUK72 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Jogging. I get so bored doing laps of a pool. At least running I can listen to music ir an audio book and see some countryside
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I love swimming, but I have no real access to a pool and I refuse to get a membership anywhere.

I loooove running.