Are women really more shallow than men?

Options
124»

Replies

• JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't know about what's on the list, but I will agree in my opinion that women are more shallow than men!!!! Especially when it comes to our looks. We care more than they do about how we look, what size we are, etc. than men do. Trust!!!! A woman will have a fit if they see a man arm in arm with a woman who might not be the best looking, or is not incredibly fit and wonder "what is he doing with HER"!!!! When that woman might be doing a lot more for them than just a piece of arm candy. most men don't care whether our shoes match our purse, or if our nail polish is chipped. We do....keep it real lol

Speak for yourself on that last bit (and pretty much the rest of your post). I have one purse and no nail polish.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I guess this would all apply if I were attracted to gay men.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    This was an article in Men's Health. Please tell me that most women aren't this shallow when it comes to what they notice in a guy. Do you really hate back packs? Gloves...really?

1. Does the bag match the man?
    Backpacks are for schoolboys, and canvas messenger bags are for temps. If neither of those job descriptions matches yours (or you hope it won't for long), lay out for a fine leather bag.

-Generally I commute on a motorcycle and keep all of my necessities in the saddlebags. However, when not using the bike, I transfer everything to a backpack as no other option has enough storage space for the things I carry on me.

2. Do I want to touch him?
    Thirty percent of women say cashmere—;the ultimate soft-touch fabric—leaves a lasting favorable impression of the men who wear it.

-Why in the hell do I want a random woman to touch me?

3. Does he know the time?
    If you want to know a guy, look at his wrist, says Nidhi Handa at Alpha Omega Jewelers in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She recommends small boutique watch brands. They show a guy who's "confident in his own decisions... that's sexy." she says.

-Really? Do people even use watches still? Most everyone checks their phone for the time, now.

4. Does the glove fit?
    "Having a nice pair of leather gloves conveys maturity to women," says image consultant Sarah Whittaker. "It also shows a bit more class and style." Invest in black and brown pairs, to coordinate with your shoes.

-Obviously when riding I have a set of motorcycle gloves, but other than that... When in the hell would a grown man need gloves outside of the dead of winter? And in winter it's all about thinsulate, not leather.

5. Is he a colorful character?
    Show a little flair around the ankles. In a Men's Health poll, almost a third of women said they wished men took more risks with color. A neutral outfit and a flash of vivid striped or patterned socks can make a subtle statement.

-You have got to be kidding me. I don't even know how to respond to this.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Only thing's I'd notice is - Is he wearing socks & sandals? - wrong just plain old wrong! :noway:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Who wrote that mess? I have never, ever in my life looked at a man's watch and thought "Hmm, looks like he went with a boutique brand. I'd totally have babies with him!" I wouldn't even notice that kind of stuff.

Just. No. I can't.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    If the ladies don't like my offensive graphic t-shirts, my poster covered walls, unkempt hair or my awkwardness then they can bite me, better yet bite Garrus!
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hahaha..Considering my ex dressed like a bum/teen no clearly I pay little attention to men's fashion sense. I am much more interested in your eyes and smile...but I will be turned off if you wear your pants down by your knees.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Hmm! Interesting thread!! OP, take it from someone who's been there. Be sure to not post too many threads like this that focus so much on the opposite sex! There are a lot of cruel people here on MFP and I'm not joking when I say they'll crucify you!! Just some friendly advise!
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I guess this would all apply if I were attracted to gay men.

LOL out loud, I was thinking the article was geared in that direction but I was too PC to say it!
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    This was an article in Men's Health. Please tell me that most women aren't this shallow when it comes to what they notice in a guy. Do you really hate back packs? Gloves...really?

Backpacks are for schoolboys, and canvas messenger bags are for temps. If neither of those job descriptions matches yours (or you hope it won't for long), lay out for a fine leather bag.

Thirty percent of women say cashmere—;the ultimate soft-touch fabric—leaves a lasting favorable impression of the men who wear it.

If you want to know a guy, look at his wrist, says Nidhi Handa at Alpha Omega Jewelers in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She recommends small boutique watch brands. They show a guy who's "confident in his own decisions... that's sexy." she says.

4. Does the glove fit?
    "Having a nice pair of leather gloves conveys maturity to women," says image consultant Sarah Whittaker. "It also shows a bit more class and style." Invest in black and brown pairs, to coordinate with your shoes.

Show a little flair around the ankles. In a Men's Health poll, almost a third of women said they wished men took more risks with color. A neutral outfit and a flash of vivid striped or patterned socks can make a subtle statement.

Absolute BS! Not all women want that or any to he honest!

Good luck not getting crucified by the women on here though ;)
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Ps

Sounds more like a gay guy!!!
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This article is telling you to carry a manpurse. No. Don't.
    On my second date with my boyfriend we both showed up with backpacks. I assumed he went to the gym (like me) and he assumed I was carrying music equipment (because he was)

No. I literally have never talked to somebody and wondered if I wanted to stroke against their clothes. Because I'm not a cat.
    Also I wouldn't be able to tell if you're wearing cashmere, I'm not that into clothes. I'm more about the person. Besides it's currently like 100 degrees out. Sure. CASHMERE. You're onto a winner (thumbs up)

a- this lady is going to tell you that you need a fancy watch because she WORKS AT A FREAKING JEWELERS
    b- everybody uses their cell/ mobile phone now.
    c- a small boutique watch brand shows a guy who is confident with their decisions? Does it?! How'd we leap to that conclusion?

4. Does the glove fit?
    Straight out of the OJ trial. And rightly so. If a guy showed up wearing fancy gloves I'd assume he was trying to leave no prints before he clobbered me round the head with a chair and dragged me to the trunk of his car. I've watched Columbo, I know how it goes. Only thing worse than a leather glove? A latex glove.

Socks are not character. Just wear whatever socks you want, the kind of girls who'd think it's a deal breaker wouldn't be worth your time anyway. I don't think I've ever noticed socks on a date. Can we please forward that memo for everyone who thinks that clothing is a substitute for a personality, sense of humour, character, charm, intelligence, etc..

tl;dr
    Bag =/= status
    Cashmere =/= a good impression
    Watch =/= confidence
    Gloves =/= maturity
    Socks =/= character
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Not one thing on that list applies to me. Who writes that *kitten*?
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I don't know. All the women I've known are at least six inches deep. Which is significantly deeper than I am.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I've been known to be at least 8" deep on the weekends.