Peanut butter

Options
FitLaughLove
FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
edited January 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I just binged so badly on peanut butter. I literally cannot get enough of it! I have pb2 and use it all the time but creamy peanut butter is definitely one of my trigger foods. Relatable?

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm like that with the Justin's honey almond butter. I usually take a spoonful (measured) and put the butter away and then go sit down to eat it. Otherwise I'll just keep dipping the spoon back in. It's so good!!!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Not really. Peanut butter is one of those things I can only eat a teaspoon at a time. It's so sticky! My mom told me they used peanut butter to make it look like Mr. Ed was talking. No idea if that is true, but that is exactly what I look like when trying to eat peanut butter. Now chocolate, that I can eat all of in no time.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I can't keep the stuff in the house. Yes, I can relate. Oh, and don't get me started on raw almond butter. Food of the gods, that is.

PB2 is a great ingredient. I use it in protein shakes, oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, and Asian peanut sauce, It's great to have on hand.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It's the bane of my existence. My kids love PB sandwiches so we always have it in he house. Multiple brands....it's one of my favorite things. Probably eat 200 calories a day in PB.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    PB and sunbutter are the two things I can't keep in the house for long. We switched from Smuckers natural to Crazy Richard's, and I love it even more! Super smooth like JIF, but it only has peanuts in it. No palm oils or anything like that. Love the stuff!
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a jar at my desk. I kept scooping it out yesterday. Hang in there. I always loved it but I am reaching for it a lot lately.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    There is no peanut butter in my house. I finish a jar in 2 days.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    HG210 wrote: »
    I have a jar at my desk. I kept scooping it out yesterday. Hang in there. I always loved it but I am reaching for it a lot lately.

LOL, I have done this too! Not for a while now though. Right now I have a jar of Justin's Maple Almond Butter on my desk. No kidding, I scoop it out on my finger and eat it.

Don't get me started on Reese's "mini" peanut butter cups. I can not have those around at all. Really, my only trigger food that I will sit and eat them all until they are gone.

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love Pb2 and add it in to my oatmeal every morning and even eat it by itself at times as well.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I saw a jar of peanut butter mixed with coconut. Wondering how that would taste
  • rxspecta
    rxspecta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i buy $80.00 atta time, kirkland organic creamy. no sugar no nothing. since this app started counting my calories for me i have had to stop @ a couple tbsp a day. i used to eat it like popcorn on a saturday night at the drive inn though.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    There is no peanut butter in my house. I finish a jar in 2 days.

me too. I can **usually** eat just one packet of Justin's Almond butter.
  • Jade_dancer
    Jade_dancer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The one mixed with coconut is gorgeous!!!!!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    PB has never been a big issue for me. I like it well enough and I sometimes use a spoon to eat it, but it is a food I can control myself with eating. I have had a 28 oz jar of Jif creamy in my pantry for probably 6 months and I still have a third of the jar left. I really only use it for PB & Honey sandwiches, on bananas and in protein shakes.

I have a few things that I have little to no control over with eating, but PB has never been one of them.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Came home hungry, did A LOT of walking today. Nothing in the fridge, but there are three jars of peanut butter in the cabinet (crunchy is open!). Walked away and came to MFP, I just know that if I grab a spoon, I'll eat about a half cup of the stuff...and then eat more of something else. Gonna fill a big glass of water, see if that helps. If not, I'll make some toast and spread PB on it...that's the only time I consider a small amount acceptable.
  • jacobhillman
    jacobhillman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For me, peanut butter has replace ice cream, cake, cookies, and other deserts. I'm reduced to a spoonful of peanut butter or a square of dark chocolate.

My issue is the craving that comes after PB or chocolate... I need a glass of milk too!
  • TheSunAndTheRainfall
    Options
    I like crunchy peanut butter in oatmeal for breakfast, especially before a workout. If you're getting PB craving later on in the day, half a spoonful in a little oatmeal (say, 25g) might assuage your cravings and fill you up at the same time.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I like crunchy peanut butter in oatmeal for breakfast, especially before a workout. If you're getting PB craving later on in the day, half a spoonful in a little oatmeal (say, 25g) might assuage your cravings and fill you up at the same time.

I am seeing PB in oatmeal as a suggestion everywhere. I am going to have to try that. Sounds yummy.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I just binged so badly on peanut butter. I literally cannot get enough of it! I have pb2 and use it all the time but creamy peanut butter is definitely one of my trigger foods. Relatable?

Yup. I LOVE JIF. Have to make myself put it away. So so good.

And this stuff is outrageous. I tried it Labor Day weekend when I was in Cape May, and OMG. So dangerous. I bought a jar and sent it to my son - he loves PB and marshmallow cream sandwiches. :p

http://peanutbutterco.mybigcommerce.com/mrs-millers-peanut-butter-marshmallow-spread/