Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Enviornmental Impact of Raising Livestock

Options
13»

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    So I am going to officially hit my mid 40's next week and lately, maybe by total coincidence, I have started to reflect on some of my past beliefs. Came across this article the other day and it made me stop for a moment and reflect. Honestly though, I am never sure if I am reading propaganda or truth. What are everyones thoughts on this...

http://science.time.com/2013/12/16/the-triple-whopper-environmental-impact-of-global-meat-production/

I haven't read the article. It's pretty well known that industrial meat production is environmentally harmful. I don't know if this article does a good job of explaining why or not.

I'm a hiker, climber, and enjoy being outdoors, especially in the mountains. There's a lot to love, but, sadly, I'm watching the glaciers vanish, and other things.

This thread made me very happy. Just the fact that other regular people care about their environmental impact is music to my ears.