Biggest Loser week 7

Options
Good morning Everyone
Thought I would start week 7 since we skipped week 6.
In addition to our previous weekly challenges this week we are adding 90 min of straight exerercise 3x a week. Any exercise of your choice. Since I always get to the gym at least 30 mins early for my aqua class. I plan to start early on my own to make my 90 mins total.

Later

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    THanks for makin a new thread... having such a long weekend really threw me off track! 5 days of not so good eating, tons of drinking

Welcome to the new comers :) We had lost a few people so its nice to have some new ppl join. Cant believe we are at week 7 already! I did so good for the first 3 weeks than I think Ive been slacking. but its time to pull up my socks and get my butt in gear!

I did a 30 min blade today.. and that felt great to do! I will get to the challenge activities throughout the evening.. (between commericials and such)
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    sindinsgurl:
    Glad you found us.
    Are you still liking the new job?
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Wow it'scrazy week 7 already time sure does fly!!

Well just like you sundinsgurl I have fallen off the horse but I am ready to saddle back up and finish these next 11weeks up strong getting back on track with things!!

My goals are to finish 30day shred for 30 straight days go to the gym 4x a week and then when I am done with that start on Insanity again I am going to become a Insanity grad one day for sure!!

Okay so the challenge this week is 25 pushups, lunges, and crunches plus 5 F&V 8 glasses of H20 no eating out and 90 min workouts 3x this week right? I want to stay on track with everything from here on out!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    raindancer - I am still liking the new job. Thanks for asking :) Its only been 2 days of work.. but all is well! Got to start lookin for a new job since this job only goes to July 30th.

cnbethea - so glad we have this group so we have the support we need to get back on track! We can do it.. 11 weeks is a long time!! we can do it :):):)
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!

Today was not so great! My hubby came home as a surprise, he works in the oilfield so we only see him a few days out of the month.
    Sooo of course I had to make one of his faves for lunch lol.
    I'm going to shred tonight when the kiddos are in bed....if I can get some motivation. I havent had any energy today....
    Tomorrow should be a great day though!
  • maytanewfie
    Options

Okay so the challenge this week is 25 pushups, lunges, and crunches plus 5 F&V 8 glasses of H20 no eating out and 90 min workouts 3x this week right?

I'm so glad someone can keep track of all that and reiterate it back for me. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought I would start this last week, heading into a busy holidy weekend. Needless to say, I failed miserably (didn't do even one pushup)
    It's a new week, so time to get going. I did the 25 pushups today, 8 on my toes, the other 17 on my knees. I did the crunches, the lunges won't happen with my horrible knees, so I substitued side crunches, 25 eaqch side, 5 F&V --no problem, I'm a vegetarian,8 glasses of water, so far I'm at 10, but read somewhere (more than once unfortunately) that you should drink half your body weight (in ounces, not pounds) each day, in which case I have 2 more to go, Yikes, Didn't eat out, I don't think that 90 minutes in row is going to happen, I don't know if I can fit that in time wise. I did swim for an hour, and I skated for a total of an hour and half (in two differnt sessions), I can legitmatey claim 30 minutes of cardio in that (not in a row probably). I'll try to get 3 days with 90 minutes, but not likely in a row. Sorry about that.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Roughneckswife glad you were able to enjoy an afternoon with your Hubby especially with it being a surprise!! Jump back in when you can:happy:

Today was a great workout day for me I did 60min Kickboxing at the gym along with the Wii just dance game for 10 mins with the kids in the interactive zone and they were seriously mad because I won:tongue: I told them I want that game for my birthday that's coming up!!:laugh: I went in the sauna while in there I completed my 25 push ups crunches and lunges. Once we got home from the gym we walked the dogs for 20mins and then I came in and completed 30day shred so again activity was awesome!!

As for the F&V I didn't have any today:noway: I drank 12 glasses of H20 and I did eat out today :sad: So the food will be better the rest of the week!!

Have a good night everyone!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Cnbethea: WOW what a great exercise day you had. Way to go!!

Maytanewfie: Your doing great. This is about challenging yourself. We all fall short somedays

Roughneckswife: Enjoy your visit with DH

Sundinsgurl: :bigsmile: Good morning

hope everyone has a great day:flowerforyou:

Yesterday I forgot to weigh before I took my shower so I weighed this morning instead..I AM DOWN 2LBS!!!. :drinker:

MON:
    50 pushups/25 crunches/ 25 lunges/30mins light workout in the pool/60aqua/ no work for the arms
    2 f/v
    10/h2o
    Didn't eat out
    AND STILL NO SWEET TEA .:bigsmile:
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!!!! Glad to see I am not the only one that needs to straighten things back up this week. EGADS!!!! Last week was a disaster. But this is a new week!!!!

Everyone have a great one!
    Ann
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Tuesday- 1hr Zumba, day 2 30day shred 25 lunges, push ups and crunches no F&V 12 cups H20 and no eating out!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    cnbeathea - you killed it with the exercise - just incredible!!! WoW!!!

Being back to work is killing me.. well not literally lol but making me soo tired. I did so well for 2 months when I wasnt working.. of course its easy to work out a lot when your not working! I am not used to being awake and at work at 8:30am... watching kids all day and being outside in the sun most of the day wipes me out. Yesterday I managed to do a rollerblade after work but today I didnt do anything. We took the children (at work) on a field trip today so we did some walking.

Definetely drank over 10 glasses of water and I did make myself do the 25 push ups, 25 crunches and 20 lunges. But now its already 11pm and I need to get to bed so I can wake up in the AM. Havent been feeling well since yesterday morning. Think I partied too hard Wed night-Sunday! Ive got a horrible sore throat and it hurts when I swallow, but cant take time off work because I only have a month at this job.

How does everyone else find the motivation to workout when there is this heat outside.. here in London, Ontario, Canada it has been over 30 degrees celsius (80 degrees fahrenheit) and tomorrow it will be 32 (89.6 fahrenheit) but feel like 42 (107.6 celsius).

Sorry if this sounded like a rant.. just frustrated... struggling.. but not giving up
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    cnbeathea--You are doing Zumba and the shred??? Sprinkle some of that MOJO on me girl lol!!! Way to go!!

Todays eating was not so hot,but I worked out while my daughter was in gymnastics and I have been doing some MAJOR cleaning all night! I'm so ready to hit the gym Thursday it's unreal!:smile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Sundinsgirl- The heat will definitely drain you when I use to go to soccer games on Saturday's and I had to go to work that night I use to be so tired I use to be mad about having to work. The sun beats you down no doubt about it!! Don't beat yourself up though Is getting up earlier and getting it in before you go to work an option? because we definitely know that your going to be looking for another job so this time will give you a chance to see how you will be able to do things when the next job come along. So take this time to try to see what can work best plus the next job probably wont be in the sun as much :happy: but at least you can be in a routine of things!! Just a thought.................Feel better and do what you can!!

Roughneckswife- Way to get it in while your daughter was in gymnastics!! I am sore as all get out:laugh: but I feel so good in the since that I am not sitting in here stressed and depressed about things I had fell in a slump that I had never been in before and it was consuming me getting out and going to the gym is really helping that!! I have had the 30day shred for 2yrs and never got pass 7 days straight so I am finally trying to complete it to see what kind of results I can get in the 30 days yesterday was ust day 2 wish me luck on that one to keep going!!

Hope everyone have a great Hump day!!
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    cnbeathea - you killed it with the exercise - just incredible!!! WoW!!!

Being back to work is killing me.. well not literally lol but making me soo tired. I did so well for 2 months when I wasnt working.. of course its easy to work out a lot when your not working! I am not used to being awake and at work at 8:30am... watching kids all day and being outside in the sun most of the day wipes me out. Yesterday I managed to do a rollerblade after work but today I didnt do anything. We took the children (at work) on a field trip today so we did some walking.

Definetely drank over 10 glasses of water and I did make myself do the 25 push ups, 25 crunches and 20 lunges. But now its already 11pm and I need to get to bed so I can wake up in the AM. Havent been feeling well since yesterday morning. Think I partied too hard Wed night-Sunday! Ive got a horrible sore throat and it hurts when I swallow, but cant take time off work because I only have a month at this job.

How does everyone else find the motivation to workout when there is this heat outside.. here in London, Ontario, Canada it has been over 30 degrees celsius (80 degrees fahrenheit) and tomorrow it will be 32 (89.6 fahrenheit) but feel like 42 (107.6 celsius).

Sorry if this sounded like a rant.. just frustrated... struggling.. but not giving up

WOW....80 degrees sounds like a dream.....We usually run around 100 this time of the year. Today we are cooler ...in the 80's. I know I do a lot of "indoor" exercise or go for my walks late at night when it cools down!

See ya,
    Ann
  • raindancer
    Options
    LOL! I agree, it is in the upper 80's here and it is a blessing. Thats why I LOVE:heart: my aqua class. It is a chance to cool off.
    I work outside and only get inside for little short periods. Thats why you always hear me wishing for winter.

Tues:
    25 pushups/25 crunches/25 lunges/90 min aqua (30 mins before class spent jogging and swimming)
    10 h2o
    1f/v
    ate out( arbys jr ham and swiss melt) before exercise.

I plan to go to aqua again tonight.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Today was a good day I got in F&V Yay!!

Day 3 30 day shred complete 25 lunges, pushups, and crunches 5 F&V no eating out I also did a 45min boot camp at the gym plus 30 mins abs and more Drank 18 cups of water (skinny Wed challenge)
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Next week I am doing the Super Skinny Wednesday Challenge!

Thanks for the motivation everyone, and the tips. I am definetely not a morning person so waking up before I need to is veryyyyyy hard! Snooze is my favorite friend.. those extra 10, 20 or 30 mins I get are heaven to me!! I guess I am going to have to do something to beat this heat. I did a bunch of cleaning tonight.. but than worked on applying to jobs for August. If I dont want to be outside than I must get my butt onto the treadmill that is in our laundry room! Another stupid excuse but when I got home from work i forgot my ipod wasnt charged and I just have no motivation AT ALL without music.

This is it..and this time I mean it!!! Tomorrow I am going to work out 100% guaranteed!!!!!

on a positive side.. I am under on my calories today :) (so it could have been worse.. like tons of junk eating and going way over on top of not exercising) AND I went shopping to get a few pairs of capris to wear to work and I fit nicely into a size 10.. no more size 12... it felt great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ladies are all doing so well!!! You really do inspire me and make me want to workout as hard as you and burn as many calories.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    That's awesome Sundinsgurl fitting into a size 10!!!!:drinker:

I got my work out in early today 30 min walk and day 4 Level 1 shred plus 25 pushups crunches and lunges so now I just have to finish my water and F&V plus I am not going to eat out!! (I may go to the gym and get in kickboxing) haven't decided yet!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    WOW..You girls really rock. I wish I had all that energy. I'm doing good to work ,do the little exercise I do and keep up with the house.
    I've never tried 30day shred, but maybe I will this fall. The cooler temps give me more energy.

Wed:
    25 pushups/25 crunches/ 25 lunges/ 90 aqua/0 free weight work
    2f/v
    10 h2o
    no eating out

I was under on calories by 230

Everyone have a great day
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Hey Girlies!!

Had another long day at work.. only outside for a couple hours with the kids today. Still not feeling great.. came home and lied down on the bed (big mistake) crashed for almost 3 hours. I really needed sleep I guess. When I woke up I ate dinner than forced myself to work out before my show at 8. Did a 35 minute walk on the tread mill, burned a nice 293 calories :) it felt so great to exercise and boy did I work up a sweat. My throat is still bothering me but it felt good to sweat some sickness out. Just been drinking lots and lots of water. Havent had much of an apetite the past few days.

Will do the push ups/lunges/crunches in between the commericals of my next show. Only one Fruit today because of the not so big apetite. Once again under my calories and no eating out. No free arm workout but I really want to push myself to do it when I start feel better.

I have always wanted to do the 30 day shred too! I have thought about it many times, I actually went to Walmart to pick it up last week but they only had a triple dvd set of jillian michales work outs (30 day shred was one of them) Unfortunately it was $20, and I was looking for a single copy of the 30 day shred, as I am broke. so $10 was more justifiable than $20. Plus I was going away this weekend so I knew I wouldnt be able to start it right away. I will continue to look for the DVD on its own, or maybe when I get paid I will go get it.