trying to have no sugar in tea

Options
2»

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love milk and sugar in my tea. I have slowly lowered the amount of sugar to 1/2 tsp from about 2 tsp. Personally I would never use a substitute because I love the sugar in my tea. I just log it in the morning for the whole day so I always have the calories for it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Try different flavors.
    I like mint or apple cinnamon best.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    i usually have a sweetener or sugar in tea, i've gone cold turkey this week but i'm really not enjoying it. i realise it may take a while but i love my tea so am missing enjoying the drink.

Do you have any advice or tips?

Drink different tea.

You wouldn't want to put any sort of sweetener into a rooibos chai tea, that would make it way too sweet. Even a lemon ginger is just fine without sweetening.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Sorry i should have said that it's not a calorie thing really, but i do think that sweeteners make you crave sweet things and i have wanted to cut sugar/sweeteners out for a while now.

Wouldn't cutting out sweet things make you crave them even more?

Careful you're not doing this just for puritanical reasons. There is such a mass hysteria about sugar these days.
  • rdfaria
    rdfaria Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, I love sugar in tea! But then a light bulb went off in my head, why not switch tea. And so I did. I found a tea that taste great without sugar. - There are hundreds of tea's on the market and many of them taste great without sugar.
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Cheri1218 wrote: »
    I enjoy several flavored teas with no sugar. Right now I'm loving Peach, and Raspberry by Bigelow (?). I also love Peppermint White Chocolate tea with no extra sweetener from Teavana. They are not super dark and that helps a lot.

Peppermint White Chocolate is heaven!!