skim milk or almond milk?

Options
2»

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I switched to unsweetened almond milk to save some calories...I pretty much just use it in coffee and it works fine! 30 calories vs. 110, so worth it!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cashew milk has about 25 calories per cup, that's the lowest I've seen as far as "milk" goes.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Personal choice. I much prefer skim. Been drinking it for many years and love it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    1% milk has more protein and is more filling than almond milk. If you aren't lactose intolerant, then milk has more bang for the buck. It's great to have options!

This^

1% gives you some fat calories too. It helps me stay full longer.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    One thing you may like to consider is the nutritional value of the "milk" you eventually decide on. Most none dairy milks do not contain the minerals provided by dairy milk, like iodine and other minerals and vitamins which are essential to our health and are often over looked. If your problem is the cream in milk you could try using goat milk which is more easily digested by many, more resembling human milk. Thoughts from someone who has been nutritionally compromised. Choosing calories over actual food benefits.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk is pretty damn tasty.

Agreed! I use unsweetened vanilla cashew milk in my cereal. Its very good
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened soy milk is my go to. It has less flavor than almond milk so I like it better in coffee or on cereal. When cooking with milk, I use Lactaid whole milk or, in some cases, go for broke and use heavy cream.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i dont do diary and i LOVE the low calorie vanilla almond milk..i think its 30 calories for the Blue Diamond® Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk ...delish!