Gym Lookers

Options

Replies

• kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I won't overly stare ...Hate 2 make a female feel incredibly uncomfortable while they work out ... (Don't wanna be "that guy" ) But everyone looks
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You have a young and attractive face, something known to catch the eye of the opposite gender (especially when they are avoiding their next set).

Some people like the attention but perhaps you should 'dress down'(?), saying with no idea how you dress at the gym.
  • Alldaygainz
    Alldaygainz Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Who wears a wedding ring to gym...
  • Alldaygainz
    Alldaygainz Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I just don't see how one can train with a ring getting in a way unless ofcourse it's a cardio session.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I would assume they are watching my perfect form for pointers. I don't go to a gym but when I'm skating I like peole stopping to watch
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can be pretty harsh when people make me uncomfortable. So I will wave or wink at them. Blow them kisses or sometimes just stare right back. Anything to make them uncomfortable and avoid contact with me.

That would just make me stare more.
  • opheliaphoenix
    opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, in that I hate being looked at while at the gym...however, when it happens to me, it's usually because I look like a struggling baby giraffe trying to keep up with whatever machine I am using. Hahah. I am currently not in shape, and it shows. I'd be hard not to notice right now, and it has nothing to do with the perception of beauty.

However, for what it's worth, when *I* am the one accidentally staring, it's usually because - as @synchkat noted - I am watching how others are performing the workouts that they are doing. I usually scan over the weightlifters down below in particular, because I aim to include weights in my routine once I am able. It's not because they are sweaty, ripped men and women - and I am actually being honest there! - it is because I am trying to garner visual information on proper form and weight equipment etiquette. I know I will only learn so much from just looking, but it's something.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm ugly.

I was being facetious. I'm not ugly ALL the time - but I definitely am when I roll into the gym at 5 am.
    I'm also kind of in love with whoever marked my post as "insightful".

Well.... I marked this one 'insightful' ; I reckon that's gotta count for something.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I get stared at at the gym all the time. Mostly because I don't wear clothes while I work out. Too restrictive. It's like whatever.

why can I picture you doing hamstring curls?
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I can be pretty harsh when people make me uncomfortable. So I will wave or wink at them. Blow them kisses or sometimes just stare right back. Anything to make them uncomfortable and avoid contact with me.

That would just make me stare more.

I'm not seeing how that is a problem.

Then I go in for the digits
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Who wears a wedding ring to gym...

* raises hand

a calloused left hand nonetheless
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    tanny2017 wrote: »
    I hate it. It makes me uncomfortable. I do free weights and a lot of guys will approach and say they love a woman is doing free weights and not just cardio. But in my gym there mirrored walls everywhere and when I'm working out they will just stare. I don't know the name of this but my trainer told me to get on all fours kind of on a workbench with one foot on the floor and with the opposite arm lift a weight. While I'm doing that 2-3 guys just stood behind me staring at my butt. My solution? The corridor. Walking lunges and moves using my own body weight. Which defeats the need to go to the gym. Those guys are annoying. It's not pretty when you workout hard. You can't breathe you sweat. After one hard session I felt like I was gonna throw up (sorry not pretty). So you do not want guys staring at you in that situation!

why do you train with Delta Bravos ?