Gym Lookers

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Sometimes at the gym, like when I’m doing dumbbell curls facing the mirror, there is really nothing to look at during or between sets.

Two days ago was back & bicep day. There was a girl working out parallel to me. I could not help but glance over a few times at her. She wasn’t what one would call “stunning,” but there was just something charismatic, charming, and graceful, about her. She wasn’t dressed to the 9’s, but she had beautiful dark eyebrows and dark hair, she had some slight acne scars, but that only made her more alluring/intriguing. Her body was blessed with curves, but her gym outfit did not try to exploit any such feature (though she was wearing tights, which is how I noticed the curves). I could not help but to glance at her a couple of time through the mirror (no stares though).

I guess it’s just because I’m a guy.

I hope this doesn’t sound too creepy.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I stare at people everywhere idgaf.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Atleast you're being honest lol
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I know people look at me at my gym bc I'm one of very few women who lift, so I stand out among the slew of guys curling and grunting when I head for the squat rack. They don't stare, but they notice me enough to compliment me on how much I've increased in strength and cheer me on. I saw a newer guy one day last week who clearly didn't expect me to be able to lift as much as I did, but I could see his face in the mirror and saw it shift from skeptical to surprised to definite respect. That works for me! By and large though, everyone's busy doing their own thing and the only people who get stares are the ones who are taking tons of gym selies without actually working out or the ones farting around while people are waiting for the equipment they're lounging on. Fortunately there aren't many of those.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I stare at people when they have insanely poor form, when I'm trying to figure out what they heck they are doing, and that girl with the tight *kitten* and legs doing squat in tiny little shorts (she smiles when she catches me).
  • demoman805
    demoman805 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

*kitten* it, lol
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think it's mainly because I'm super self-conscious at the gym and that's maybe the reason I think people are looking at me? Idk.

You're beautiful. They're checking u out. :)
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When you're doing a couple of dozen sets and you've got 60-90 seconds between sets, it's inevitable that many of us are going to be glancing around just out of curiosity and to pass the time. I'm a people watcher wherever I go so I look at everyone for a few seconds here or there including the women, and readily admit that if you're in good shape I'm going to linger a little longer. I am always interested in the types of routines people are doing, whether their form is any good etc. I do catch people looking at me too once in a while and I'll give them a little smile and they usually nod or smile back. I hope my buttcrack isn't showing during those deep squats :o

To the OP, my apologies, but if you were in my gym I'd probably go for a second or third glance...human nature and all that... o:)
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wear a hijab. Problem solved. That's what I do
    No way, I'd be even more inclined to look. First because it highlights a beautiful face even more, second because I've never seen a woman in a hijab at the gym and I think that would be awesome.

• Savage__AF
    Savage__AF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Guys and girls stare at me while I'm at the gym. I'm used to it though, and don't care.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Maybe you're paranoid about people looking at you and judging you because of the way you judge others?

No, that can't be it. Thanks for trying tho. Bless your heart.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    They could just be wondering where you're hiding the pizza
    Should check out their bellies first:)
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    No way, I'd be even more inclined to look. First because it highlights a beautiful face even more, second because I've never seen a woman in a hijab at the gym and I think that would be awesome.

My friend wears one. It does kinda stand out.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

My friend wears one. It does kinda stand out.

I have Christian friends who who cover their heads as well, and yes, it's noticeable, especially in sporty environments.